Oddly slow

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a UPS Store and while it would have been nice to have him the owner and employees always help me load the car. Took us about 10 minutes to load 166 packages. Our center will be doing sweeps this weekend and on Monday.

oldupsman

Had breakfast this morning with a 25 year plus package guy I still keep in touch with.
Said it has been his best peak easy. Simple answer. They finally hired enough people for a change.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Honestly and I cant believe im saying this, but this peak has been easy compared to last year. I think having a lot more routes and drivers...has helped a lot. So far so good but we shall see if this continues or not lol.
Agreed, and here's my take on that...I think after last year, UPS knew they couldn't fail again. This year they hired more help than needed in order to look good to the public. I think next year, they will start fine-tuning this and cut back just a bit and see how that works. I foresee a couple more easier peak seasons before we're back to being screwed once again.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Agreed, and here's my take on that...I think after last year, UPS knew they couldn't fail again. This year they hired more help than needed in order to look good to the public. I think next year, they will start fine-tuning this and cut back just a bit and see how that works. I foresee a couple more easier peak seasons before we're back to being screwed once again.
I just hope we have three more easy peaks then I'll join the ranks of Rod, Cosmo, Old and Grey, and the rest.

oldupsman

I don't know. With the cost of overtime anymore it might have finally gotten cheaper to hire people for the lower
cost than pay all that overtime. And you know how they hate bad press.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Like since November 1st. Got back to building after 8 , parking lot 3/4ths empty. Saw oms lady's eta sheet almost 80% of drivers gad eta's before 6:30.... O well , I like makin over 2 k a week during my wife's "peak spending time ". Lol. :rofl:

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Like since November 1st. Got back to building after 8 , parking lot 3/4ths empty. Saw oms lady's eta sheet almost 80% of drivers gad eta's before 6:30.... O well , I like makin over 2 k a week during my wife's "peak spending time ". Lol. :rofl:

Make sure you get the lights when you leave the building

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It was nice to have an extra pair of hands during pick ups.
Yeah same here. I dropped my helper off with a handtruck to do half my pickups while I did half and cut the pickup time in half. They eventually moved all my pickups off me. My pickups are usually really light though (15ish stops) compared to other routes I've run. I've had as few as 2 totes of pickups before and average half a shelf of stuff.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
To me it would have been an easy peak if they would just work the people that they hired. I had a jumper for 7 hours that is a seasonal driver.
why they take the cake from my route and put it on a split car, instead of taking some commercial so I can get a jump on the day, instead of moving and restacking, to try to find a 90 pound garage door spring, loaded on the floor under 100 residential packed in the middle of my truck to the ceiling. If they would just take 1 section, of commercial, easy to find, even in a uhaul, and help me out. But that makes way too much sense. The size, and weight of the residential packages is killer proportion.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
To me it would have been an easy peak if they would just work the people that they hired. I had a jumper for 7 hours that is a seasonal driver.
why they take the cake from my route and put it on a split car, instead of taking some commercial so I can get a jump on the day, instead of moving and restacking, to try to find a 90 pound garage door spring, loaded on the floor under 100 residential packed in the middle of my truck to the ceiling. If they would just take 1 section, of commercial, easy to find, even in a uhaul, and help me out. But that makes way too much sense. The size, and weight of the residential packages is killer proportion.
Same scenario here too TT, they tried to put the whole highway on me in my 700 and jamm me up like a mofoe instead of putting it on a bulk truck or ryder. I bitched like a mofoe to dispatch guy who i get along with and the next day it was gone off my route. Told him it would make more sense to put more resie stops on there cause he knows ill use the hell out of a jumper and be super efficient with the helper. On a side note, 1 of the driver supes ask me if i wantd a brand new 800, i was shocked first of all like really lol, i told him hell yeah dude lol. I told him you know if you give me a new truck ill take care of it cause im a neat freak and ocd as schiznitt lmfao. So hopefully maybe monday ill see that new truck, them bitches will get it too lol.

Last edited: