Odds of transferring after driving for a year and a half?

ajax25

I would like to transfer to another state when the list is posted in October (to eastern WA). I was hired off the street and will have been driving for about a year and a half by the time the transfer list is posted. Anybody have any info or insight on my odds of getting to transfer?

ajax25

I know of a few who have transferred and they waited a few years.

Yeah I'm hoping that since I am not wanting to transfer to a prime location that the list of drivers wanting to transfer there will be very small and my chances will be better. However on the flip side I'm hoping that doesn't mean there is less likely of a chance there is an opportunity to transfer there because of the size. I am wanting to transfer because I moved here on a temporary basis for a few years and then happened to get hired at UPS. WA is home for me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If given the option to transfer and keep my current pension I would relocate to the Carolinas.

Heck yea! A small starter home in NJ is around 300K. Taxes alone on that house will be around $7500. I'm sure 300K gets me a really nice place down there!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Heck yea! A small starter home in NJ is around 300K. Taxes alone on that house will be around $7500. I'm sure 300K gets me a really nice place down there!

My daughter and what's his name lived in North Carolina for a year. They had a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment for which they paid $800/month. That same place in the Northeast, if you could even find one, would be at least $1,600-2000/month.

slappyhappy

Most centers where I have looked into transferring have at least 10 years in as the top seniority driver in for a transfer. Decided to stay put, don't want to start over at the bottom.

ups1990

I've know only one person out here in the west that was able to transfer to their desired location which was Las Vegas.
A guy on my route bought a house for 575k to then quickly demolish it and build a new house at a cost of 300k in a middle class neighborhood. Its unbelievable the price people are paying for homes here in So Cal.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
It might take a while transferring to a smaller building. Regardless of how much seniority you have. The only thing that scares me about transferring is getting laid off at a smaller building. That's why I decided to not transfer until I'm approaching the end of my career.