Odometer PCM

browniehound

Funny how the cubicle dwellers seem to care about a minor discrepancy such as the difference in 1/10 of a mile but a snotty little know it all OMS will give a driver attitude if we ask him/her to look up the previous day mileage for a truck. I occasionally enter the wrong mileage in the morning so at the end of the day I've drove 898765 miles! Then I get attitude from an OMS when I try to correct it.

Me too. I get "why can't you just enter the correct number?" . Geez guy, all I'm asking for is 30 seconds of your time because entering the incorrect mileage or padding miles is grounds for immediate and permanent termination. I bite my tongue but feel like saying I don't give you a hard time when you send my the wrong OCA's. And I can't even kick it back because you will show up some report that you should be on because you DID make the error but its covered up by me because I'm directed to accept the wrong OCA and then send a message asking for it to be removed.

I guess I just changed the subject but as I wrote I'm thinking this company is totally and uniquely screwed up. First because there is a report about dispatching an OCA to the wrong driver. Second, because mine are sent to someone else sometimes when I told them THIS OCA GOES TO ME EVERYTIME. EVERYDAY. OF EVERYWEEK. and I don't think they got the message because it still gets sent to the guy next to me??? Third, they are encouraged to hide this mistake and not show on the report by asking us to accept the OCA and then send a message asking for it to be removed instead of just kicking it back. I mean talk about dishonesty? We get fired for rounding up 1 number but dispatch can pull these games?

Its just pain in the butt to me to accept it, then send a message on it wasting a minute that I don't have when I can just kick it out in 1 sec. but they will show up on a report that they should be on because they made the error. If I deliver an air late I show up on the late air report and why shouldn't I? Its the same thing and they should be held accountable too, no?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Its the same thing and they should be held accountable too, no?

"Do as I say, and not as I do"
Its perfectly acceptable for the company to screw up all the time, you just can't if you are an hourly. I look at it as I just get paid extra all the time to fix their mistakes.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
our center has had issues with mileage discrepancies in the past which have led to discipline up to and including discharge..

In my 23+ years of driving I have seen a total of two terminations involving falsified odometer readings.

In both cases, the driver was being blatantly dishonest on an ongoing basis and the terminations were justified. The last one involved a guy who was adding 25 miles per day, every day, to his ending miles. Problem is, he drove the same truck each day so his beginning miles for the following day were always 25 miles less than his ending miles for the previous day. He did this for several weeks, and once he got caught he really didnt have any excuse. An honest, inadvertant data-entry or keystroke error is one thing...everybody makes those on occasion and they are not grounds for discipline...but consistently erring by 25 miles per day for weeks at a time is not an "error" at all.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I was rained when I started to drive to round up from .5-.9 and down from .1-.4 so I always have. Then one day my one on car said that automotive brought to his attention a mileage discrepancie of give or take a mile per day. One day I would be over a mlie and one day I would be under a mile. And it was all due to me rounding. In the end the +/-1 mile equaled out but I was instructed not to round out anymore. I also argued that when carwash pulls my car to gas and wash (ha ha ha ha) it, they add .6 everyday. I was told it didn't matter. FYI, I still round out as I was first instructed. Old habits are to break. :shrug:

QKRSTKR

I always put in what the odometer says. If they want it exact, they can put a 10th column in the diad under miles.

I'll bet a week's pay the cubicle dweller will receive a bonus for bringing to light the dastardly, dishonest drivers who are trying to put one over on the company by rounding.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I always put in what the odometer says. If they want it exact, they can put a 10th column in the diad under miles.

dont worry that is in the works...along with adding seconds to the diad clock so you can put the EXACT time of your lunches and breaks in....