ODPs

S

selfcancelsignal

If you do look at it some time during the day just hit the prerecord button and it will go back to the bottom of your edd.
Thanks. OMS, OC supes, & even veteran drivers have never mentioned this to me.

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center manager calls us into the office & chews :censored2: if they're not done by the time that shows up in the board that you need to be there by. I was told to put the latest time possible in for when I'd be there, & if I still won't make it, to call the OMS & have them switch it to whatever time I will be able to make it.

I always put in the latest time possible and will ODS the OMS if I know I can't get there by the commit time given so that she can either change it or assign it to a different driver.

S

selfcancelsignal

The only problem with doing this is if you totally forget about the OCA and get back to the center without having made the pickup.
Doesn't it go back to the bottom of the EDD? That's what he said anyway. Mine are always down there anyway.

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, it goes at the very bottom of EDD, but how many of us actually look at the part below our deliveries? I know all of my pickups and their commit times by heart and know what my end of day routine is.

We have had drivers prerecord their OCA's only to find them still in EDD when they go to punch out.

9.5er

Yes, it goes at the very bottom of EDD, but how many of us actually look at the part below our deliveries? I know all of my pickups and their commit times by heart and know what my end of day routine is.

We have had drivers prerecord their OCA's only to find them still in EDD when they go to punch out.
Pressing the prerecord on a OCA puts it right back in the same place it was before you looked at it. No change in EDD. I have never missed a pick up. Forgot one til the 20 min. reminder pops up yes. Forgot one til I get back to building, No.
Maybe you need to start putting sticky notes on your windshield as reminders.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Pressing the prerecord on a OCA puts it right back in the same place it was before you looked at it. No change in EDD. I have never missed a pick up. Forgot one til the 20 min. reminder pops up yes. Forgot one til I get back to building, No.
Maybe you need to start putting sticky notes on your windshield as reminders.

I use the COD envelope for any notes that I need during the day.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
You broke off to make a residential on-call? Those are always done at the driver's convenience. I personally don't give a damn if they "wanted to go out", if they are unwilling to leave the package out (I am willing to fill out an ASD and leave their copy) I will make the pickup when it best fits in to my schedule, not theirs.

And this is why we call him "Mr. Service."

Cementups

Box Monkey
I get an OCA from Chewy.com EVERY DAY!!! 1-10 packages a day. They get trailer pickups throughout the day but need me to swing in to grab the air.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You broke off to make a residential on-call? Those are always done at the driver's convenience. I personally don't give a damn if they "wanted to go out", if they are unwilling to leave the package out I will make the pickup when it best fits in to my schedule, not theirs.

And you badmouth other peoples customer service. Lmao

Sent using BrownCafe App

Driver7906

I have a business on my route that instead of calling in an ODP, the lady at the front desk calls my phone and has me come by and pick up an outgoing package. They don't do it often but it really annoys me when they do and I've considered telling her that she needs to start scheduling a pickup instead of calling my phone.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
They don't do it often but it really annoys me when they do and I've considered telling her that she needs to start scheduling a pickup instead of calling my phone.
Why on earth did you give her your personal cell# to begin with? I very very rarely give mine out. Only 2 businesses have mine on route (both paying scheduled pickup customers) and that was only after establishing ground rules.

When I was a cover guy there were two routes I covered where each driver had 1 business that they would do a free pickup for if they hung out a UPS envelope. One was an emergency vehicle repair place and the guys were cool and rarely had anything going out. The other was a print shop that had outgoing stuff at least 3 times a week and they got stuff in the morning, but wanted a pickup in the afternoon but the owner was too cheap to pay for a scheduled pickup. I honored it because I was friends with the bid driver, but that would have never gone over with me if it was my route.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'm getting tired of this one biz who calls in an ODP and when I get there (no matter what time I say I'll be there) and it is never ready. Sheet it cancelled and boom, get the same ODP the next day. What a waste of time and $$$.

I also have a QVC queen who is calling ODP every day. Sometimes they are left out, other times they are not. She acts like we are her own personal delivery and pickup service. One of these days I will be fired for finally telling her to get off her lazy fat ass and drive the 5 miles to the center and drop off her own damn packages.

ArcherUTR

I have a business on my route that instead of calling in an ODP, the lady at the front desk calls my phone and has me come by and pick up an outgoing package. They don't do it often but it really annoys me when they do and I've considered telling her that she needs to start scheduling a pickup instead of calling my phone.

Couldn't this be considered an integrity issue? You're cheating the company out of gasoline, shipping revenue, and your hourly rate.

Driver7906

Why on earth did you give her your personal cell# to begin with? I very very rarely give mine out. Only 2 businesses have mine on route (both paying scheduled pickup customers) and that was only after establishing ground rules

I call ahead to let them know when I have a C.O.D. for them so they have a check ready for me when I get there. They got my number from their caller ID.

Driver7906

Couldn't this be considered an integrity issue? You're cheating the company out of gasoline, shipping revenue, and your hourly rate.

I'm not cheating anybody out of anything. It's lack of integrity on their part, not mine. I just need to let them know that they need to call it in next time they do it even if it makes them unhappy.