Off area Lunch

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Over,

Ahhh, the names of the nitwits who represent my husband and his co workers. I wouldn't mind personally wringing their little chicken necks myself if I could...There have been many years of pitiful representation.

But wasn't there something in the guidelines of joining this
forum that one will not target individuals by name when complaining?

And even if I did share who they were, I doubt if this forum
would have any affect as far as getting rid of their sorry a$$e$.

Plus, I'm not sure if there's anything in the contract that substantiates paying a driver or not when he's off due to an investigation...:confused:1
No but you could pm him the names, sometimes your fellow browncafers can do amazing things. And when they do get their jobs back its not always without pay, I have seen a few rake in money for back pay.

Sammie

No but you could pm him the names, sometimes your fellow browncafers can do amazing things. And when they do get their jobs back its not always without pay, I have seen a few rake in money for back pay.

Tooner and Over,

Here's the thing. In reference to this issue, I think these new "procedures" involve the teamsters nationwide. Hoffa has the mob in his back pocket and UPS is stashing every dollar it can find under every available rock. Going public didn't help either, since we now have to hold ourselves accountable to anybody and everybody.

There have been two incidents I know of within the last 5 years where a UPS driver was involved in a fatality, received no ticket for the accident, was immediately fired, and received no pay while at home during the investigation. And there's nothing in the contract to support such a payment. Probably a little late to do anything about these two situations now but thank you for your advice. I'll use it if, God forbid, another situation like this rears it's ugly head again...

One more thing I wanted to throw out there. Once upon a time around here, a driver wasn't fired without disciplinary action which consisted of what, two or three warning letters and then you're fired? Now, employees are often fired with no warnings what so ever. A guy comes in after a hard day's work, management thinks he's done something wrong, and he's fired on the spot. Guilty until proven innocent.

Is this instant firing something anybody else is witnessing??

BCFan

That would be nice but that's not how it works here.

No back pay when you're gone. In fact, in the last few years when a driver is involved in a fatality, even though the police don't issue the driver a ticket and law enforcement admits the driver isn't at fault, UPS terminates the driver anyway while an investigation is underway. During that time, the driver receives no pay for the months he's gone, and he also signs an agreement to no back pay when his return.

Despite the fact that the driver has to live with a fatality accident that wasn't his fault, it's a nice touch that he now has to take a big financial hit, as well....
:confused:1OMG i agree with Over9Five y'all need to be at the hall demanding some new business agents Jeeez:mad:BC

Griff

Is this instant firing something anybody else is witnessing??

I'm pretty sure it says in the NMA that discipline has to be progressive and start at the lowest possible level. Here even with "cardinal" infractions people aren't fired on the spot, we win quite a lot of grievances. Just not too long ago a 5 year driver got caught without a seat belt on, he wasn't fired even though the center manager kept threatening it.

Griff

The diad IV is not to be left locked in truck it does not like the heat, or so they say.

So we have to lug it around everywhere because the people designing things at UPS have no common sense and zero operations experience? I don't think so, it goes in the back of my truck everyday.

browniehound

The diad IV is not to be left locked in truck it does not like the heat, or so they say.

My question is why the hell would anyone want to steal a DIAD? What would they do with it? It has no street value. Are they going to hold it for ransome and ask ups for 1000 dollars? Good grief!

hdkappler

in 2002 east peoria,ila driver was fired because he went home to see his wife after she was out of hosiptal.he got his job back.center manager had it in for him.