Off Clock Sort

barnyard

KTM rider
They are still there when you get in?

Sometimes the supes are in. Cripes there was even one in on Friday, after the green light of death went off at 15:30 that another driver still had 80 stops (started the day with 140) and would need help.

I thought Orion was supposed to solve that. I also thought that we were not supposed to help someone once Orion was set up. WTF.

barnyard

KTM rider
Here they are gone by 4, unless they are on car for some reason.

We have a newer on car that wants to be a center manager. I am on the 9/5 list, so I do not get hosed that often.

and, to their credit, both of the on cars in my building have been working and reworking Orion. I am on a route this week that sucked 2 months ago and this week has been pretty manageable. I had 2 bad air days and the Orion plan was different than what I would have done and it worked.

HardknocksUPSer

Drivers who work off the clock obviously are unable to do the job that the ones who do it the right way do so they have to resort to cheating. It's a difficult job and it takes a special kinda a person to do it correctly. Shame.
Don't hate the player, hate the game. in my opinion it's the company's fault to the full extent, bombed out trucks and routes cut left and right. There's more to it than just money, I know a lot of guys who just want to go home and have a family life. Their kids have ball games, they have family events and ect. Boxes don't mean :censored2: compared to time spent with family. If they choose to "cheat "that's there own choice. You have the ability to do the same if you wish to, I don't condone it but I don't neccesarly blame guys who do it. Would you rather have an employee who runs in the door at 9 Aclock everyday or an employee who gets there 30 minutes early just so he/she can feel comfortable about their day? As I said it's not the employees fault, it's the companies. One must consider many factors as to why people do what they do.

Anthonysg0113

You have any idea if he wins that stuff, though? That second example you just mentioned sounds real flaky to me. Like the dude's just jaded and thinks filing grievances is "getting back at them," whoever he thinks "them" might be.

Seniority's a bitch sometimes but I really do stand by it.

But seriously, I think grievances are only won when there are provable contract violations that involve management. Your co-workers working too fast? Lol, better keep up, in my opinion... filing a grievance is just dumb in that situation-- to me at, least.

I thought when employees had any kind of violations, they just started down the long road of progressive discipline at UPS.
If you had been with this company as long as he has, you would have your voice too. If he threatened it we thought it would happen. I mean I give him props for staying that long especially preload. He even makes driver top rate pay an hour. If you file any grievance it's a gamble whether you win or not no matter what the instance.

J

jibbs

Not petty at all. Management is responsible for whatever happens inside or outside the building. That is why they are called "management".

Okay, I see your perspective; now see mine.

Seems to me like a preloader would be grieving the fact that a driver comes in early to make his or her day a little bit easier in the long run. Given that view (and the views damn near every driver has on here about the quality of their loaders these days), wouldn't you find that petty? I mean, the only time I'd consider doing that is when I'm feeling either jaded from being given the boot or spiteful because the drivers are in the way and annoy me-- both of those reasons I also find petty.

I'm sorry if you don't, but I do. To be truthful, though, I feel like I'm kind of just butting my head in where it doesn't belong right now....

If you had been with this company as long as he has, you would have your voice too. If he threatened it we thought it would happen. I mean I give him props for staying that long especially preload. He even makes driver top rate pay an hour. If you file any grievance it's a gamble whether you win or not no matter what the instance.

Yeah, I hear you. He probably plays the game pretty damn well.

ManInBrown

We have a few that do it. One in particular does it because he is terrified he will have a MisLoad that is far from his route. We are instructed to deliver ALL off routes. No matter how far away. Idiots. All of em

saintrick

Okay, I see your perspective; now see mine.

Seems to me like a preloader would be grieving the fact that a driver comes in early to make his or her day a little bit easier in the long run. Given that view (and the views damn near every driver has on here about the quality of their loaders these days), wouldn't you find that petty? I mean, the only time I'd consider doing that is when I'm feeling either jaded from being given the boot or spiteful because the drivers are in the way and annoy me-- both of those reasons I also find petty.

I'm sorry if you don't, but I do. To be truthful, though, I feel like I'm kind of just butting my head in where it doesn't belong right now....

Yeah, I hear you. He probably plays the game pretty damn well.

These drivers are stealing money from you. I don't really see how having a problem with that is petty.