Off the clock work?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Storm_Cloud, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud New Hire.

Hello, I'm a new hire. My supervisor asks us to come in an hour early and I don't think we get paid for it... when I clock in it'll say "Start time: 5:30" and it'll be 4:15. Then when I clock out, it says I worked an hour less than what I really did.

Is this legal? What should I do? Feels like a kick in the ass.

2. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Check UPSers to see if he has adjusted your start time, and once your stub is online, make sure you got paid correctly, it not, file a grievance(assuming you are past your probationary days).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Slavery ended over 150 years ago in this country. It's ILLEGAL for a company to not pay you for time worked....every minute.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. upschuck

Keep track of your times

5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

And yet it happens every week.

6. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Because they get away with it.

7. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Check your pay stub to see if you're paid for the hours worked. Always tell people, the timecard system you use to punch in only transmits information to our timecard system, it doesn't receive.

Though we'd probably save a ton of timecard adjustments if it did.

8. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Compare the hours you write down, with the hours shown on upsers.com under time-card viewer. That viewer has this weeks and prior weeks punches.

9. snarts

snarts Member

All good employees start at least an hour early.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. 35years

35years Active Member

You may be entitled to time and a half for all time worked before scheduled start time. File the grievance for any and all hours they have shorted you. Also demand penalty pay if they don't pay up immediately. It's the only way they learn not to steel pay from employees.

11. "My Hours 2.0" is a pretty good smartphone app for iPhone and Android for keeping track of your hours. Our punch in times are rarely set to the actual time that we start, but my hours always come up right come pay day. The app is a great back up just in case I ever do need evidence.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

When a supervisor asks you to start early they are agreeing to pay you from the time they wanted you to start early. As drivers we just change the scheduled start time in the diad. I would change you're scheduled start time on your punch in device. If the supervisor asks you to start at 4:00 instead of 5:00 and you say ok it's not going to be a big surprise if you do this. Don't punch in earlier than this and change the start time to before 4:00 though, that won't go over so well.

13. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Tell the sup you must be paid for all hours worked. If the sup is doing any work you need to grieve it immediately. IF he doesn't comply then grieve everything you can. Encourage all your co-workers to grieve everything too.

14. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud New Hire.

Hi, I'm the poster. I just checked my UPSers and my pay seems to be correct. Thanks for the advice guys.

15. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

That'll teach you to start a thread before you have all the facts.

16. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

This is the internet, who needs facts?
    Warranties is where it's at

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud New Hire.

Well, I did say that I was a new hire... in fact I had to register myself onto UPSers today.

18. AirOnTrace

AirOnTrace Allergic to cardboard.

image.jpeg

19. matty_lawn

matty_lawn Active Member

You sure showed him!

20. upschuck

You're welcome

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List