off the railroad ??

UPS4Life

Has anyone heard anything new about this? We're certainly still using the crap out of it.
I "heard" we reached a deal but I'm not sure. Like the previous poster said we sure are still using it enough. Haven't slowed down where I'm at so who knows. I guess time will tell. If we reached a deal what do we do with all the drivers we just hired?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I "heard" we reached a deal but I'm not sure. Like the previous poster said we sure are still using it enough. Haven't slowed down where I'm at so who knows. I guess time will tell. If we reached a deal what do we do with all the drivers we just hired?

Lay off or back to Package.

PT Car Washer

All of our guys at the bottom came from the hub or off the street. We already have the bottom ten who are pre seniority on lay off I guess going day by day to see if they work or not.

Sent using BrownCafe App
In the Central Region Supplement seniority is considered broken if laid off for three years or the length of his seniority, whichever is less.

bigearl

I have a interview for full time feeder out of cache next week(off the street)Any idea how this will effect me? Does cache have other plans for new hires?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I think cach is still short drivers. I was sent to get loads on Thursday that cach normally brings to us. I also saw them training in the yard

barnyard

KTM rider
I wonder if the railroads came back to UPS with a deal. UPS did not want to leave the rails, it was oil that was slowing schedules. UPS was paying the railroads a premium for guaranteed delivery windows, most trains had a delivery time and a 4 hour window to make the guarantee.

Heavy oil volume across the BNSF northern mainline caused massive disruptions to schedules, trains were frequently days late, which should have meant that BNSF paid on the service failure, which I am betting covered any service claims from customers.

Those oil trains were handed off to the NS (primarily) in Chicago, which caused service disruptions on their lines.

Oil shipments are down now. Who knows for how long, but I am starting to see some UPS trailers on trains again. Not nearly as many as in the past, but maybe the railroads are starting to realize that they cannot afford to lose UPS. It was not that long ago that it terms of dollars spent, UPS was the largest customer of the Santa Fe and then the BNSF.

I have a interview for full time feeder out of cache next week(off the street)Any idea how this will effect me? Does cache have other plans for new hires?

You'll be interviewing for a 710 job I'l bet. They still have a void to fill over there so it's a good way to get your foot in the door.

HollandMan73

You'll most likely be a Full time on-call feeder driver. ..they will call you every day for a start time. Insurance is great, kicks in after you make seniority--30 working days. Money will be good after 4 years.....Pension is decent. Short term its rough.....long term it will pay off.

UPS4Life

At one of my buildings this week and I saw a UPSU 604xxx container(53') with a UPSC brand new gray chassis. Has anyone else seen these UPS chassis'? Is this a sign of things to come?

Sent using BrownCafe App

barnyard

KTM rider
Not sure. I am starting to see some UPS trailers on the train heading west again. Oil prices are done and not nearly as many oil cans going through town. Maybe UPS and BNSF worked something out?

upschuck

I saw a tracking that a package which would of normally went to cach to hop on a rail, left from somewhere in Indiana, with the next scheduled update be in 3 days presumably when it reaches Ca.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
At one of my buildings this week and I saw a UPSU 604xxx container(53') with a UPSC brand new gray chassis. Has anyone else seen these UPS chassis'? Is this a sign of things to come?

Sent using BrownCafe App
It's possible that UPS is going to get their own chassis so that we can still use the container boxes even if we're off the rail? Just speculating.