*Offered permanent pull as preloader

Nicc

I have worked at UPS for about 2 months now, and yesterday was *offered a permanent pull ( I have been bouncing around covering for people who aren't there, or have been working a pull that they don't count as a permanent pull since it isn't always there.)
My supervisor said I don't have to take it if I don't want, and I can wait for another one to open up, if I want. They know I don't especially like the pull they are offering, but I can do it, and do it well. (I know, I should suck it up..but, meh.)
Anyways, my question.. Would it be such a terrible thing to turn down that pull and wait for another? Do you think there would be any repercussions?
If chose to wait then i would still be bouncing around, which I kind of like, keeps me on my toes.

I don't know, I am confused :/
Also, someone is waiting to be transferred, which should happen in the next year, or they will be able to drive by then if not transferred in time, they have a pull I would love..

Fedex Guy

I have worked at UPS for about 2 months now, and yesterday was *offered a permanent pull ( I have been bouncing around covering for people who aren't there, or have been working a pull that they don't count as a permanent pull since it isn't always there.)
My supervisor said I don't have to take it if I don't want, and I can wait for another one to open up, if I want. They know I don't especially like the pull they are offering, but I can do it, and do it well. (I know, I should suck it up..but, meh.)
Anyways, my question.. Would it be such a terrible thing to turn down that pull and wait for another? Do you think there would be any repercussions?
If chose to wait then i would still be bouncing around, which I kind of like, keeps me on my toes.

Also, someone is waiting to be transferred, which should happen in the next year, or they will be able to drive by then if not transferred in time, they have a pull I would love..
Do whatever makes you happy. You won't get that chance often in this company. Good luck.

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

If given a choice...take it. Otherwise they can make you work it anyway...knowing full well you hate it...and don't ever give management the satisfaction.

Last edited:

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
You'll find there's no such thing as a permanent pull.. You'll be on it for a while, but the PT sups change often, and they're the ones controlling what pull you work.

From personal experience, I think the #1 question to ask yourself would be how frustrated/upset would you be if you worked the pull for 6 months/1 year/ 2 years etc.. and then got switched off it without being consulted? If you think you'd be able to get over the change pretty quickly, then go for it. Personally, I get frustrated when I get comfortable at a pull and they switch me elsewhere, but that's just me..

If you can handle change after long terms, then you should do it, especially because when the drivers get to know you and if they like your loads, they tend to slip you a little extra something around the holiday season ;-) My drivers used to give me an extra 20-30$ each around Xmas, sort of as a bonus. That doesn't tend to happen if the drivers don't know you and just think you're a seasonal hire.

So there's some intel to chew on, I hope whatever decision you make you don't regret it.

I just pull my own in the morning for a couple minutes. Sometimes you have to wait for for the right one.

UPSGUY72

You don't really have a choice they will put you where they need you. By them telling you you have the choice they are basically playing with to see what you are going to do.

Go Brown Or Go Home!

How do I get this "permanent pull" you speak of? I pulled mine for a long time and nobody told me it's permanent! I just want to permanently pull it!

Sent using BrownCafe App