Offical Post! What Behind The Numbers!

satellitedriver

What I'm wondering is what will happen if a part-timer has already completed a 30 day qualification under the current contract and goes full-time under the proposed contract. Will that 30 days count towards the new 60 day requirement? I wonder if this was thought of during the negotiations?
If they already completed the 30 day qualification under the current contract they are qualified as a full timer. All future standing of an employee will be based on their status with the company at the time of the new contact being agreed upon.
PAX

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
i Just Got My T Shirts Printed Up!
vote No!!!!
7.99 Shipped On Ebay!!!!
will Have It On !! So All U Runners! Stop Loading Ur Trucks When I Walk In At Start Time!
and Buy A Shirt!
Are these shirts being produced in a union shop, with the GCIU bug, shipped via a unionized carrier?

Braveheart

A secure pension isn't enough?????
And you trust that UPS will not find a way to reduce and or get out of pension down the road? I had a customer tell me that her Aunt up north was a manager in the air dept for 20 plus years and they axed their pensions!!! I do not trust UPS.

And you trust that UPS will not find a way to reduce and or get out of pension down the road? I had a customer tell me that her Aunt up north was a manager in the air dept for 20 plus years and they axed their pensions!!! I do not trust UPS.

It's jointly administered with the teamsters

Braveheart

It won't go under and it will be taken care of.
What about union bragging about the current Best Contract Ever and it is going ugly. By the way I was told by CS manager that the pension has been improving over the last couple years, just too late and too slow.

Remember HP and IBM shut down their pensions guys. There is no such thing as secure!!!!

What about union bragging about the current Best Contract Ever

People keep bringing this up. I don't recall anyone from the negotiating committee ever calling this the best contract ever. Did they sneak one past me when I wasn't listening? I'm pretty sure that was the last contract so stop living in the past.

Braveheart

Not alone there are a few more, including what is happening to the part time workers who are getting screwed even worse.

1. 12 months for benifits, 18 months for family members.
2. Increased progression time for top rate
3. partial pay raises give in 6 months intervals (who thought of this)
4. UPS gaining partial control of pension plan ( think hard on that )
5. Minimum wage locked in till 2013 ( long time )

These are just a few the International Reps could have done better on some of these. Example would have been for partial pay raises over 6 months they could have gone for decreasing the progression for top rate instead of increasing it. Think of the hell the NEW HIRE package car drivers are going to catch for three years.
Good points, but ther are more.
1. NO NEW FULL TIME COMBO JOBS!
These would help old timers make it to retirement, provide more FT jobs for the part timers and strengthen the union as a whole.

2. NO OTHER FULL TIME JOBS PERIOD!!!!
This allows more cover drivers, satellite runs, longer days, and there by weakening the union too.

3. LOOPHOLES TO ALLOW SUPS TO WORK AND MORE SUBCONTRACTING.
Enough said!

4. OUR RAISES LEFT OPEN TO TRANSFER OVER TO PENSION.
If it is so secure why the need for my raise and who controls MEDICAL?

5. PART TIME AIR DRIVER RATES FROZEN WITH NO IMPROVEMENTS
How do you raise rates for full time progression and do nothing for the air drivers!?

6. STARTING PAY STUCK AT $8.50 WITH ONLY EXTRA .50 CENT BUMP AT 90 DAYS
We can'i get workers to come here now, you get what you pay for!!!!

7. INSIDE FT WAGE PROGRESSION RATES ONLY RAISED .50
Why the dollar plus improvements to driver progression and less than 1/2 that for inside!

8. PENSION IS UNDER 10 YEAR OLD RATES PEOPLE!!!!!!
Why are we paying for new car but getting a used one????

9. 8 HOUR DAY NOW 8.5 AND LOOPHOLES TO PENALTY
What happened to EIGHT AND THE GATE people? Plus 5 days notice instead of 2!!!

10. 9.5 USED TO BE 3 IN 10 NOW 3 IN 5 AND THE OPT IN/OUT IS WAY TOO LONG!!!
Anyone can opt out and should be month to month plus by seniority too!!!

11. NO LANGUAGE TO IMPROVE TRUCKS ERGONOMICS IN WAREHOUSE
We all want a safer work place and better work conditions.

12. NO TEETH TO ART 48, EXCESSIVE RIDES, DENIED OPTION AND 8HR DAYS!!!
All we ever hear is company will comply!! Should pay penalties for violations!!!!

13. NO NEW PROTECTIONS FOR OLDER DELIVERIES
Once a box is delivered, the shipper/receiver has 30 days or driver not liable!!!!

14. NO IMPROVEMENT TO VACATIONS
Managers get 3rd week at 5 years as do other locals, we wait until 10th year!!!!

15. FEEDER JOBS LEFT OPEN TO RAILROAD
Jobs will be lost, watch and see.

16. NO LIMITS TO HELPERS, REMOTE OR OTHERWISE
Cover drivers laid off and underused hurting their income and chance at 200 reports!!

17. NO STOPPING OR LIMITING SATELLITE ROUTES
Cuts jobs, hurts working conditions, takes away union representation, weakens union!

19. EAM DELIVERIES STILL GOING TO PART TIMERS
If returned to FT it would give more drivers chance to get off at decent hour, as well as make 1st couple hours easier on old timers!!!!!!!

20. NO IMPROVEMENT TO LIFE INSURANCE, SHORT TERM DISABILITY, ETC
We should have 100,000 Life policy. I know tiny businesses that do!!!!!!

MORE TO COME AFTER REST OF CONTRACT COMES OUT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

samiam

I wish, there for I am?
hey 1989 a secure pension is not enough if the new hires will not be able to make seniority because of the new 60 working day period!

also 3 years is a long time to busy ur butt everyday just so u can support a family! so in that case a secure pension is out of the window! and not enough

I have a good friend who is a driver for FedEx. I told him about the new progression time. He said that if he is lucky he may make top pay there in 15 years, and it is not as much money as our top pay. So hey, 3 years is not bad, however I am a bit spoiled since I have been driving now for 10+ years.

80GRAND

I have a good friend who is a driver for FedEx. I told him about the new progression time. He said that if he is lucky he may make top pay there in 15 years, and it is not as much money as our top pay. So hey, 3 years is not bad, however I am a bit spoiled since I have been driving now for 10+ years.

this is not fred ex! I LIKE TO THINK I WORK ALOT HARDER THAN MR FED EX!

hey 1989 a secure pension is not enough if the new hires will not be able to make seniority because of the new 60 working day period!

also 3 years is a long time to busy ur butt everyday just so u can support a family! so in that case a secure pension is out of the window! and not enough

I asked my 17 year old son how he felt about the pt wages, benes, progression, pension. He wants todo ups as a back up plan. He said "I would start out ok, for being single. But if I went driving I would be making how much in only 3 years? And they will give me free money when I retire?" Now he wants to make ups his career.

chevyman

Please explain to me how you can complain ( I know we all do that a little from time to time, but) when you make darn good money ($28@hr) and will be making more by the end of the contract ( ok so you'll get your raises broken up) and in cs case by the ups taking over the pension it will go from 50% funded to 100% funded with a guarenteed pension of 3000 for 30 and no change in benefits. For this day and age you have to be happy at those apples. Just look what has happened to the airlines and to the automotive sectors. Think about what you have and be thankful for it. Yeah so a young guy starting out has to work a little longer to get to top wage, it may not be the best, but go down the street and drive for snyder or swift or some of the other companies that pay peanuts with no benefits or pension.

nhguy

I hate to keep repeating myself, but, all everyone here is talking about is their raises and what's going in their pocket. It has been stated several times that UPS has the money and we should get more. YOU ARE! Who do you think is benefitiing from the 6.1 billion?

I used this example in another post. 6.1 billion divided by 250,000 equals $24,000/ person.

Vote this down and ask to go back to the table and watch what happens to the 6.1 billion. I don't know any company that was willing to layout that amount of cash FOR IT'S PEOPLE and at the same time continue to offer over $9.00/hr in additional wages and benefits over the next 5 years.

This isn't Disney World! Thank God the company has the business intelligence to continue to make money and is in a financial position to put up such a large amount of money!!!!

Think twice before you dismiss this contract as unacceptable!

Remember the big fish always eats the little ones

sendagain

Many companies have done away with their pension plans and just offer a 401k. There was no ground FedEx system during our last strike. UPS customers would shift to FedEx in a strike and wouldn't come back The Teamsters are a pretty weak union these days. They really can't afford a big strike at UPS, and UPS cannot afford a strike that would cripple the company for years to come. You would never see the benefits you have now if the union was to strike.

1timepu

What about union bragging about the current Best Contract Ever and it is going ugly. By the way I was told by CS manager that the pension has been improving over the last couple years, just too late and too slow.

Remember HP and IBM shut down their pensions guys. There is no such thing as secure!!!!

Oh man Educate yourself my fellow Teamster, the Teamsters and UPS will manage the Pension TOGETHER, now what you are saying is you don't trust the Teamsters and UPS besides the FACT that UPS has been the only one putting money into the pension system, The Teamsters haven't done squat, nothing has CHANGED we just don't have other defunct companies in out system , Now it is just for UPS employees, PLUS the pension system is governed by the Government, so just don't blame UPS, try blaming the Teamsters and your Goverment if the future if the Pension gets the ax down the road,

1timepu

I hate to keep repeating myself, but, all everyone here is talking about is their raises and what's going in their pocket. It has been stated several times that UPS has the money and we should get more. YOU ARE! Who do you think is benefitiing from the 6.1 billion?

I used this example in another post. 6.1 billion divided by 250,000 equals $24,000/ person.

Vote this down and ask to go back to the table and watch what happens to the 6.1 billion. I don't know any company that was willing to layout that amount of cash FOR IT'S PEOPLE and at the same time continue to offer over $9.00/hr in additional wages and benefits over the next 5 years.

This isn't Disney World! Thank God the company has the business intelligence to continue to make money and is in a financial position to put up such a large amount of money!!!!

Think twice before you dismiss this contract as unacceptable!

Remember the big fish always eats the little ones

I think that the minority who are negative all the time about the contract must either be a Fedex employee, DHL, Postal Service or the TDU trying to benefit from our mis fortune