Offical Post! What Behind The Numbers!

doolittle95

You say hopeless, I say pragmatic. Having the negotiating committee go back to the table to address issues that weren't set down as priorities by the members will, in my opinion, serve no purpose at this point. I urge you to keep making assumptions about where I stand or on which side of the issue I'll fall... it makes for interesting reading. The rest of your talking points have been discussed, responded to and discussed some more in other threads, you might want to go back and do some reading before trying to hash it all out in this thread.

Hopping back up on to my fence now. Gooooooooozzzz Fraba!

Goooooooooozzzzz Fraba!:laugh: now thats funny. I always felt that the pre-bargaining questionaire was heavily slanted to favor pension reform anyway. I wish i had a copy of the questionaire to validate that point. I've always believed an equal priority should b focused on wages/pension/healthcare/working conditions. Regardless of what issues the members considered priorites 16 months ago, no one imagined that the so-called "pension reform" would come with all the heavy concessions.

I'm going back into the real world now to convince all UPS teamsters to read the contract before voting. And of course to solicit a NO vote. It will b a much more effective use of my time than discussing here in the brown cafe. Good luck on the fence.

I'm going back into the real world now to convince all UPS teamsters to read the contract before voting.

While you're at it, you might want to re-read it yourself. It's true that the cap on the service pension is $3500. However, there is also an accrual pension that does not have a cap. At the time you retire, you'd be given the one with the higher benefit.

Captain America

SuperDAD to the rescue
While you're at it, you might want to re-read it yourself. It's true that the cap on the service pension is $3500. However, there is also an accrual pension that does not have a cap. At the time you retire, you'd be given the one with the higher benefit.

The accruals are still to low. When I retire many years from now my pension may not have enough accrued to allow it. I will not be going into poverty so the brown machine can pay higher dividends. I wonder if I can get them to fit my package car with one of those little electric carts they sell to seniors?:scooter::wheelchai

The accruals are still to low. When I retire many years from now my pension may not have enough accrued to allow it. I will not be going into poverty so the brown machine can pay higher dividends. I wonder if I can get them to fit my package car with one of those little electric carts they sell to seniors?:scooter::wheelchai

You can still retire...Collect your pension and work somewhere else.

Damok

When I retire I plan to have many income streams. I'm certainly not betting the farm on one thing... I don't think that's good planning on any level. A pension, possible Social Insecurity in whatever watered down form it will take, working another job, starting a business, 401k, Roths... there are just too many options available to not be prepared.

As for the electric cart thing...I can dig it. I'd rather have a Segway though :D

govols019

You smell that?
I'm pretty sure planes can have problems even when they look fine on the tarmac Mr. Smarty Pants :P That may be the case with the contract but I'm not going to presume to know for sure.

I'll tell you what... if I vote yes and the contract turns out to horrible over its life I'll buy you a beer. If I vote no and the contract turns out to have worked for the best I'll buy you a beer... you can't lose ;)

I gave up drinking two years ago. I found that I liked it too much. :laugh:

Damok

I do the stuff around the house with a beer in my hand. Makes the chores more tolerable.

Bingo! We have a winner. :D Get to have my cake and eat it too. Think i could work a cigar into the equation or is that pushing it?

**P.S. I think we totally de-railed this thread.... sorry folks :( **

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm going outside soon to start the grill. I have a TV in my shed and a fridge. I'll bounce between game 3 of the series or OSU at Penn State. I'm drooling just thinking about the evening! BM

tieguy

Banned
still a bad contract!!!!!!!!!!
mr hoffa u sold us out!!

oct 1 st or we're done was a concession deadline!:w00t:

Dude do you have some kind of penis hangup that cause you to blast everyone with the large font.
We can read your :censored2: diatribe just fine if you leave the font normal size

Captain America

SuperDAD to the rescue
You can still retire...Collect your pension and work somewhere else.

When I retire I plan to have many income streams. I'm certainly not betting the farm on one thing... I don't think that's good planning on any level. A pension, possible Social Insecurity in whatever watered down form it will take, working another job, starting a business, 401k, Roths... there are just too many options available to not be prepared.

As for the electric cart thing...I can dig it. I'd rather have a Segway though :D

I am saying I won't retire and I have those things. Don't try and finacialy potty train me. I know what I am doing, and UPS and the teamsters owe all of us a better deal

I am saying I won't retire and I have those things. Don't try and finacialy potty train me. I know what I am doing, and UPS and the teamsters owe all of us a better deal

Why do you think people owe you? If you are a driver you have it pretty made. You are grossly overpaid for the job. You have monies coming to you after retirement. Instead of complaining, take control of your own future. There are other places to work.

Damok

You had mentioned not going into poverty and it seemed from your post that the pension is your main source of retirement income. I responded based on the information you gave.