Official Christmas rant thread

YellowSox

Anyone else noticing that hazmats are being handled improperly? This never use to be an issues but lately it seems the loaders could either careless or just aren't trained. Hazmats are being loaded on the shelf daily and with different type of hazmats.
That happens all year round in my truck regardless what season.

brostalss

1/2 mile long residential dead-end street in my area with a cul-de-sac, I deliver the even side, the next route over delivers the odd side. Couldn't ever get the dispatch manager to change it so we gave up. Last week, he was delivering to 5601 when I drove up to deliver 5600. Two UPS trucks in the same cul-de-sac at the same time, unbelievable.

Actually not unbelievable and I think I can top that one.

Myself and the route driver next to mine used to deliver BEHIND the same gated community for several years. I would deliver up to a certain number and he would deliver the rest further on down.

One morning we both had NDA behind the same gated community.

Six Supervisors had ridden with me and I showed them this. One time the other driver passed us going back out. You'd always get the "we gotta fix that" and nothing ever was fixed.

brostalss

I miss the good old days of calling your Buddy who still had 75 stops at 8:30pm, you meet up and shag. One drives, one in the back sorting, sheeting up the package and getting the next couple of deliveries ready.

Leave the truck running, both jump out, do two or three stops, first one back in drives.

My fellow driver and I had it down to a science. We could do 50+ an hour. It made peak fun.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Does sound like a good time.
download (3).jpg

snookbunny420

Anyone else noticing that hazmats are being handled improperly? This never use to be an issues but lately it seems the loaders could either careless or just aren't trained. Hazmats are being loaded on the shelf daily and with different type of hazmats.
not even hazmat managers <rmps> know how to handle hazmats anymore. dot should take notice of this