Oh boy Ohhrion

oldngray

nowhere special
It was a good idea until the bean counters changed its intended purpose. At the expense of the customer. And its original purpose was not to be used as a dispatch tool to meet mythical stop counts and fudging the numbers until the reports looked right.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
When Rural Remote was implemented, there was a quota of stops that HAD to be recorded as "remote" regardless of whether or not any miles were saved. It was never about saving miles or making good decisions...it was about generating a number in order to meet a quota. The guy who drew up the maps that defined "rural" areas had no knowledge of the area itself; we were being instructed to "remote" stops that were across the street from a shopping mall, or stops on a major highway that multiple drivers passed on their way to and from their delivery areas. It got to the point where we would just sheet address corrections and refused packages as "remote" in order to meet the quota. The whole concept was flawed.
Thats the reality of these cost saving improvements, there no real world improvements now these plans being
pumped out seem to be job justifying stupidity,, ashamed the top ups are still falling for it

DougHeffernan

ups is remote dispatching.
By that I mean one day I have nothing for several streets then the next day I have 8-10 stops per street. Then next day nothing then following day 8-10 stops . Any explanations?

S

serenity now

ups is remote dispatching.
By that I mean one day I have nothing for several streets then the next day I have 8-10 stops per street. Then next day nothing then following day 8-10 stops . Any explanations?

yes indeed * remember remote delivery? * this is the new, secret, electronic version
just put them on the side track until we get some more to go with them

bumped

Orion sucks. I won't use it

Oh, I'm so using it.

I deliver my business on my busy streets between 10-noon. All the businesses are open at 10 and the traffic is the lightest. Anywhere from noon-6 traffic is really heavy and it will take me anywhere from 3-30 times as long to merge in after each stop. If orion wants me to do it after noon, so be it. I have nothing but time to wait being on the 9.5 list and all.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes, I so loved the remote delivery concept. Main St in some towns would be remoted. It really p'od me off when my son was serving in the military, living 1/4 mile off base in Dover De.in the middle of town, and on his 21st birthday his pkg was remoted, even tho, I wrote do not remote all over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy some of these systems just suck!!