Oh goody. Lung cheese!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So yesterday I was making a delivery to the hospital on my route. I was in the elevator, taking a package to the 2nd floor urgent care clinic, when I was joined by a woman who was obviously quite sick. She was sniffling and feverish looking, and to make matters worse the poor woman was on crutches with a cast on one leg.

So the elevator doors closed, and the woman immediately started in with a spasmodic coughing fit. She tried to cover her mouth with a hankerchief, but she was leaning on the crutches and just a bit too late to keep a huge wad of lung cheese from landing right on my DIAD.

I got nuked. She sprayed all over me. It was nasty. I felt bad for her; sick as a dog with a busted leg, and she was apologizing profusely and coughing and snotting and sneezing like crazy.

I got off the elevator, went to the bathroom, and spent 5 minutes washing my hands and the DIAD with antibacterial soap. And for the rest of the day, I stressed out about whether or not I was going to wind up getting sick.

I have done everything I can to stay healthy; Ive had both my seasonal and swine-flu shots, and I make sure to take plenty of vitamin C. But now I am sitting here and imagining that my throat is getting sore and that my sinuses are starting to burn. Maybe its all in my head, but my weekend is pretty much ruined before its even begun.:angry:

NHDRVR

So yesterday I was making a delivery to the hospital on my route. I was in the elevator, taking a package to the 2nd floor urgent care clinic, when I was joined by a woman who was obviously quite sick. She was sniffling and feverish looking, and to make matters worse the poor woman was on crutches with a cast on one leg.

So the elevator doors closed, and the woman immediately started in with a spasmodic coughing fit. She tried to cover her mouth with a hankerchief, but she was leaning on the crutches and just a bit too late to keep a huge wad of lung cheese from landing right on my DIAD.

I got nuked. She sprayed all over me. It was nasty. I felt bad for her; sick as a dog with a busted leg, and she was apologizing profusely and coughing and snotting and sneezing like crazy.

I got off the elevator, went to the bathroom, and spent 5 minutes washing my hands and the DIAD with antibacterial soap. And for the rest of the day, I stressed out about whether or not I was going to wind up getting sick.

I have done everything I can to stay healthy; Ive had both my seasonal and swine-flu shots, and I make sure to take plenty of vitamin C. But now I am sitting here and imagining that my throat is getting sore and that my sinuses are starting to burn. Maybe its all in my head, but my weekend is pretty much ruined before its even begun.:angry:

Um, wow....

Not only is that very nasty but I would probably be thinking the same way. I hope you don't end up being Patient Zero...:sick:

trickpony1

Start wearing a mask everytime you make that hospital delivery.
If anyone asks tell them it's, ".....for everyones benefit.".
Then turn around and walk off.

tourists24

Obviously you violated some method or safety rule Sober..... if you get sick you are getting a warning letter

clueless

Ewwww.....there are a few ways that I know of to boost immunity naturally. Of course, getting adequate sleep and good nutrition, including a multi-vitamin/mineral are the obvious ones. But there other, less know natural supplements that also boost immunity:

7-Keto DHEA (caveat--while this is not supposed to convert to hormones, if you have any hormone-related issues (eg., strong family history of breast or prostate cancer, use with some caution and discretion)

probiotics like Culturelle

Consuming adequate protein, but especially supplementing with whey protein powder--get a good quality one listing 'whey isolate' as one of the primary ingredients.

And of course, keep plenty of purell and antibacterial towelettes on hand.

P

pickup

I am a big believer in people get sicker because of over use of antiobacterials.
I also have a diad that will kill any germ it comes in contact with.

Tooner that is not what the makers of these antibacterials want us to think. If we were to believe their brainwashing, the world and our homes is a dangerous place and we would be dead in a matter of minutes if we did not use their products.

Fear, akin reaction----- "solution", that is the modus operandi of these commercials.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I agree that if you had something happen like sober, you should definetely go clean up. But I have run into people who are afraid to touch my board, use my pen, its just crazyness out there.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
want a cheap high ?
instead of washing with a antibactrials lotion try drinking it.
Have you seen the alcohol content listed on the bottle ?

bbsam

Staff member
Dear Soberups,

Relax and laugh it off. Worrying about it is probably going to cause more distress than any "sniffles" you may catch. Nasty, gross, but in a sophomoric way still funny.