Oh My But The Yard Was Slammed Today!

over9five

Staff member
I mean, REALLY full. Sooooooo many "outside carrier" 53 footers.
I suspect Package will be having a really big day tomorrow.
Good luck, stay safe out there.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I will have it easy monday I have a S&V ride monday and as always in my building they will make it as light as they can so that the sup is back home by 6.

I do!! I have two kids(14 and 16) and I would rather see them than make any overtime. I would take 8hrs a day everyday!!

I'm not saying I want to work 13 hours a day but if it's heavy I'll take it like a man. My kids are both under ten so I know how you feel. At this time of the year working late is no big deal the summer is a different story.

outta hours

I contributed to the problem by bringing in loads all day on Saturday. Same thing at the other hubs in my area. Absolutely packed, contractors everywhere, still some storm backlash here I suspect. Our pkg guys got killed last week making up for the bad weather days. Not used to that kind of stuff in Texas.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I'm not saying I want to work 13 hours a day but if it's heavy I'll take it like a man. My kids are both under ten so I know how you feel. At this time of the year working late is no big deal the summer is a different story.

I do as well(take it like a man), doesn't mean I like it or want to do it!!:wink2:

bigbrownhen

I figured we would get slammed this week. I had two customers tracking packages from the north east, both showed delayed. I figured it would get here this week, on top of Valentines volume, we are projected to be very heavy. I peeked at "board" for Monday when I left Friday night, all routes were in, plus a few extras. We are still playing catch up from the heavy snows we recieved lately. Makes for a messed up week.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We have a 1/2 hr early start time on Monday and are even using helpers....which for us means hub or preload employees making full driver wage. But it cant be any worse than last summer when we had an impossible Stops Per Car metric shoved down our throat and wound up with guys working 14 hr days and bringing 50 stops back at 10:30 at night. At least this time of year it isnt hot.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
must of been on a rural route.
Maybe its time for me to get back on to Sat Air, to show you youngsters how it's done.

It was not rural but it did cover 3 towns. Noon committed; it was probably more like 20 but I was guessing when said 14.

Sleeve, are you laughing because it was an easy day? For Saturday air, leaving the building at 9, only 27 stops sounds easy to me.

It's not easy. 40 minutes from bldg, so factor in 1+ hrs back and forth. 27 stops, most of them were noon commit aside the V-day gifts. I think he had 3 late airs before beginning the other stuff. THat also does not include the pickups, I think there are three.

I usually recieve 14-16 stops, two additional pickups, also around 30-40 min from bldg. Takes around 3 to 3.5 to do including drive time and usually is 2-3 towns.

The normal volume for Sat air is around 300-350, we had 500 this past Saturday.

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It was not rural but it did cover 3 towns. Noon committed; it was probably more like 20 but I was guessing when said 14.

It's not easy. 40 minutes from bldg, so factor in 1+ hrs back and forth. 27 stops, most of them were noon commit aside the V-day gifts. I think he had 3 late airs before beginning the other stuff. THat also does not include the pickups, I think there are three.

I usually recieve 14-16 stops, two additional pickups, also around 30-40 min from bldg. Takes around 3 to 3.5 to do including drive time and usually is 2-3 towns.

The normal volume for Sat air is around 300-350, we had 500 this past Saturday.
wimp