OH smile*

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I swore in front of the public for the first time today. My truck was parked on the street across the street from the driveway of the house next to the one to which I was delivering (was safest spot).
As I'm walking up the short driveway for the delivery, a guy gets out of his car in the next driveway over and asks me if the package is for him. I told him it was for his neighbor at which time we both see his car rolling backwards down the driveway picking up speed heading straight at...you guessed it...my truck. "OH smile*" I blurted as he ran alongside it trying to get into the car.
Right at the base of the driveway he managed to get in and hit the brakes...Rear bumper came about 6 feet from T-boning my parked truck. I see a few new gray hairs popping up.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You should have never been parked in front of the driveway.

Avoidable

Even if there is no curb length where your not blocking

Even if you have had your flashers on

Even if you were (ect)

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You should have never been parked in front of the driveway.

Avoidable

Even if there is no curb length where your not blocking

Even if you have had your flashers on

Even if you were (ect)
Yeah, I'm sure that's what they would have said. The driveways on the other side of the street were pretty tight together and that was the only stretch of curb where I wasn't blocking driveways on the other side of the street. We both know that no matter what we do we're wrong.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yeah, I'm sure that's what they would have said. The driveways on the other side of the street were pretty tight together and that was the only stretch of curb where I wasn't blocking driveways on the other side of the street. We both know that no matter what we do we're wrong.
I actually park like you to block the driveway I'm delivering to. The reason being, much like your instance, if someone's pulling out I can stop them by being behind or beside thier car to let them know I'm there. If you park across from another driveway you're not delivering to you allow that person space to "attempt" to get out and you can't make yourself visible as to let them know to watch where they are backing out.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've let the friend-bomb drop when I didn't think anyone was around. I fell or something and when I looked up a lady was near and saw/heard me. I apologized right away and she replied, "Don't worry about it. If it were me you would have heard much worse." Then she asked if I was ok and we went on our separate ways.

I've let the friend-bomb drop when I didn't think anyone was around. I fell or something and when I looked up a lady was near and saw/heard me. I apologized right away and she replied, "Don't worry about it. If it were me you would have heard much worse." Then she asked if I was ok and we went on our separate ways.
I've farted a couple times when I didn't think anyone was around. Oh the shame.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
We all have our certain customers that we can act like complete jerknuttz around. Keeps the job fun and keeps it real. It doesn't have to be super serious 24-7 feel me lol.:peaceful:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
imagesHIBWPZDB.jpg

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
You have to know your customers. Around some you can drop an "friend" bomb and not worry while others if you say "Gosh darn it" coould result in a phone call. I have found it best to be professional and polite because you never know who may over hear the errant cuss word.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You have to know your customers. Around some you can drop an "friend" bomb and not worry while others if you say "Gosh darn it" coould result in a phone call. I have found it best to be professional and polite because you never know who may over hear the errant cuss word.

The same goes for jokes-----what may be considered funny in one delivery area may be offensive in another.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I dropped a mother friend-bomb one time on a customers porch when a yellowjacket stung me up inside of my nose. The pain was excruciating and it took me completely by surprise. The customer was an older lady who got me some ice and offered to let me lie down on her couch. I know she heard the friend-bomb but it didn't seem to bother her. I think context is everything, friend-bombs in front of customers are never acceptable, but in some extreme cases they are forgivable.