OH What to do ??

The Sup is gonna be pissed about something 90% of the time, may as well be because of you taking a bid over his empty promise he has no authority to make or ability to keep.
He wants you to stay where you are because it is best for HIM, IMO you should do what is best for YOU.

UPSGUY72

When I went to work today the list was taken down I asked my Hr rep whatthe deal was and she said I needed to see the building manager I went and ask him if he had the list and if my name was still on it he said yes.

Then it turn out that I have to take my yearly safety ride ( it was suppose to be last week but I didn't work everyday) with the SUP that doesn't want me to leave I'm thinking what a fun day this is going to be. Actually it wasn't to bad he stayed out of the way and didn't say to much except that the building manager also wasn't to happy about me signing the bid for another building. Than about half way through the day I get message saying the bid list is back up and that I need to sign it again. They actually took my name off the list crossed it out with a blackmaker. Well I signed it again.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Keep the bid.
Your sup could be gone tomorrow, in the meantime he can train someone else on those routes. That's his job, not a favor he did for you.
+1

Take the bid.
Is this quantity or quality. Looks like you're padding the [-]stop[/-] post count again.

When I went to work today the list was taken down I asked my Hr rep whatthe deal was and she said I needed to see the building manager I went and ask him if he had the list and if my name was still on it he said yes.

Then it turn out that I have to take my yearly safety ride ( it was suppose to be last week but I didn't work everyday) with the SUP that doesn't want me to leave I'm thinking what a fun day this is going to be. Actually it wasn't to bad he stayed out of the way and didn't say to much except that the building manager also wasn't to happy about me signing the bid for another building. Than about half way through the day I get message saying the bid list is back up and that I need to sign it again. They actually took my name off the list crossed it out with a blackmaker. Well I signed it again.
http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/i-promise-334908/

Dude, just do what we always talk about. methods, methods and more methods. Remember, if he/she doesn't make it back to the pkg car when you leave, it's their fault.:happy2:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Your sup and the building manager have absolutely no business trying to pressure you one way or the other about that bid. They need to focus on their own jobs and quit worrying about what route a driver takes or playing little games with the bid list. That's just weak.

UPSGUY72

I guess I don't understand. I was under the impression that work was done or not done based on seniority.Your sup cannot just decide that tomorrow you have enough seniority to work. Also, if your a full time driver and laid off, your allowed to bump into 2 part time positions if you have the seniority, or even bump a 22.3 job if you have seniority. Unless I am missing something here. Your getting screwed.

It is done on senority they like to play there games. I don't have alot of FT senority so that doesn't help me and if I get laid off I can't bump 2 pt position becasue I haven't finished my progression. But I can collect and work 1 PT shift.

What really doesn't help is that they have 5 seasonal / casual drivers that they want to keep working becasue they are afriad that they will quick before peak starts. Today they told everyone that if anyone wanted time off they basically can have it even if they want a whole week.

UPSGUY72

+1

Is this quantity or quality. Looks like you're padding the [-]stop[/-] post count again.

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/i-promise-334908/

Dude, just do what we always talk about. methods, methods and more methods. Remember, if he/she doesn't make it back to the pkg car when you leave, it's their fault.:happy2:

thanks Steve. Anyways the ride went good only got gigged on not using the mirrors enough and need to squaring off to the bulkhead door before closing it.