Oh yeah, just forgot that it's back to school time

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Slick silver, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Slick silver

Slick silver Active Member

Man what a last few couple of days. All the amazon, cell phones, tablets, laptops, and other junk. Been average a additional 20 stops or more on my route. Plus the plane been getting in late everyday. Just have to wonder what going to happen this peak.

Sent using BrownCafe App

2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Today was Over 120lb day...I get maybe 5 or 6 of those a week...I had 8 today..4 were trampolines....wtf?

3. bleedinbrown58

And one of the schools ordered 85 printers....what, does every new kid get their own printer?

4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Yes, to print out the homework they do on their free iPads.

5. Slick silver

Oh yeah forgot about those bulk Dell computer stops

Sent using BrownCafe App

6. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

Don't forget those empty Apple laptop boxes shipped P1 to the school's for all the laptops that the kids damaged to be returned for repair.

7. bleedinbrown58

I come in earlier and my center manager asks....how would you like an easy day? Uhh sure. ___ (pt sup) is out today...I need you to train a new guy. Hmm so I get to play Candy Crush on my phone all morning and not sweat?? Now all I need is a pretty, yellow vest and a walkie talkie...lmao. Not a bad day....

8. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

Peak is gonna be a BITCH this year.

9. Slick silver

Heck talking about peak, we don't even have enough trucks, batteries or power pads to have more routes on the roads. Should of seen the facial expression of the Gatekeeper when I ask the question the other day. Heck I need a battery to just run a dbl the other day, and it was like pulling teeth to get that battery.

Sent using BrownCafe App

10. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Even more late planes and undelivered freight piled up in stations after Christmas.

11. Rumor I've heard on and off lately .. some Amazon being shifted to Ground to help with the Christmas crunch .. anyone else hear this?

12. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Come December 20th and after, it's not gonna help one bit. All these companies still promising to get your Christmas gift to you as late as December 23rd. Still see it year after year. Ground service won't cut it. A little too much, too late.

Welcome Clusterphuck 2014. Ho Ho Ho!

13. Good point ...

14. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Well if they are going to prepare for peak2014, they had better get started soon.

Nah, never happen.