Ohhhhrion

oldngray

nowhere special
So far. The only Orion I have seen. Was shot into space this morning.

Not yet. Hold at launch due to high winds.
more_venting_with_flame.jpg

http://www.nasa.gov/exploration/systems/orion/index.html

JL 0513

Since Orion has you select packages out of order, using it during peak is impossible. Until UPS figures out how to sinc PAS with Orion, then it can never work during peak when you can barely even select from the 1000 section never mind. This may never be possible since Orion changes its solution right up to the last minute before leaving the building. Quite a conundrum.

I think UPS will just excuse December from Orion essentially saying they can't care too much about miles during peak. Peak creates enormous costs across the board so miles isn't the biggest concern. In the end, the share volume makes money anyway.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I don't know what planet UPS lives on but according to this 3 day old article orion is the greatest thing ever. Lol. http://www.networkworld.com/article...costs-and-no-it-doesn-t-call-it-big-data.html
As a driver that has seen ORION upclose, I threw up in my mouth reading that article.
What a crock of simmering sewage. Love how he continues the MYTH that we still concentrate on right turns in the last paragraph.
We do more left turns plus a whole hell of a lot of residential backing now.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Orion could work, IF it was programmed not to make left turns over major highways, IF it was programmed to not allow zero radius turns in residential areas, IF it was programmed to do things thy way we were trained.

The only thing is that if they set it up that way, they'd realize most of of time it would follow a similar route to the one we run when we break trace a deliver it our way.

And they could never admit that some stupid truck drivers were doing it right all along.

arice11

10 2 go is right
totally awesome by the way

Big Arrow Down, my secret is no sleep! best hallucinatory ever!

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I don't know why such a nonsense software had to be named Orion. I like that constellation, I like the Metallica song, no one takes it seriously and the immortal hunters name becomes a meaningless burden on an already chaotic puzzle.
I can always find Orion in the winter sky during break. Just cause UPS is over 100, doesn't mean they could pretend to be all astrological and astronomic with their delivery software.
I may be over-exaggerating but I never hear that particular system enforced or recommended. So call it Hermes, or Archangel, or any other name for messenger or deliver from mythology...

Sisyphus would have been a perfect name for this system.