Ohio rider

Stonefish

The biggest complaint I have heard (and experienced) with Central States insurance....

They routinely try to deny claims.... for anything other than scheduled maintenance. Like going to the Dentist.

And, they are slow to pay. To the point.... of having unpaid claims (over 90 days) put up for collection.

​-Bug-

Everyone that I spoke with has been good with Central States. Unlike the company plan Central States has subrogation. When the company does unreasonably deny a comp claim at least you continue your healthcare and loss of time under Central States. I have heard of no one having claims routinely denied.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Everyone that I spoke with has been good with Central States. Unlike the company plan Central States has subrogation. When the company does unreasonably deny a comp claim at least you continue your healthcare and loss of time under Central States. I have heard of no one having claims routinely denied.

Comp and healthcare are not one in the same.

C

chuchu

If STD ( not the disease) is covered in TeamCare I know of a member that broke a limb off the job and finally, after six months off work, he got his first check....a week after he went back to work. But some ABF guys like their plan. I presume that's TeamCare?

Stonefish

Huh ??

​-Bug-
The complaint people have under the company plan is: When you file a comp claim and the company deny's the claim and you miss work you don't have health care or aren't getting paid wage loss. That is a problem for employees in the company plan. Under the Central States plan they have subrogation, they continue your benefits and loss of time until the claim is finished. That was my point. I personally have not heard any issues with Central States.

Stonefish

If STD ( not the disease) is covered in TeamCare I know of a member that broke a limb off the job and finally, after six months off work, he got his first check....a week after he went back to work. But some ABF guys like their plan. I presume that's TeamCare?

Not even knowing the details can say either he didn't file for it, he or she didn't do something right. They don't just deny for 6 month's. In the company plan if you don't file within the first 30 days it's denied. It happened in my local a few times.

Stonefish

I was told by the TeamCare answering service that LTD is covered by the company and in the TA but STD is in the TeamCare benefit package. What is correct?

LTD is covered under Article 34 of the NMA. STD is covered under TeamCare. It is on the TeamCare website.

InsideUPS

Has petitioning started in other locals or is Local 100 spearheading this campaign?

http://goo.gl/RZGLjy

Nice job to the group that put the presentation together

I'm giving three grades on this slide presentation.

Screen shot 2013-11-07 at 12.21.19 PM.jpg
1) Appearance/Organization - (A)

2) Content
A) Reality - (D-)
B) Wishful Thinking - (A+)

I'm certainly no lawyer however there is an obvious conflict between what Local 100 is claiming (Ohio Rider Supersedes and Forward Language) and what our National Master language states throughout several areas of the contract. For example: from the National Master

"This paragraph Section shall supersede any provisions on the same subject in any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum, including those Supplemental provisions which require part-time benefits to be equal to or the same as full-time medical benefits."

Considering our National Master has already passed, I assume this language is a "done deal". Also, in my opinion, the presentation often to eludes to "creating language for this...and this...and this". What I would like to see is the person who put this presentation together to actually draft the specific language that he or she is hoping for.

Starting out a slide presentation making claims that are not necessarily accurate does not help one have faith in the remainder of the content or it's author. Just my opinion....

With all this said....I do appreciate the efforts of Local 100 and the author or this presentation.

Section 2. Part-Time Medical Coverage Central States Southeast and Southwest Areas Health & Welfare Fund (CSH&W) (a) Part-time and full-time employees covered by a Teamster Health and Welfare Fund will continue to be covered by those funds. (a) (b) Notwithstanding any provision in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum Section 1(d) above, effective January 1, 200814 health and welfare coverage for all full-time and part-time employees on the payroll at that time and those hired thereafter who would have had health and welfare coverage provided by an Employer signatory to this Agreement will instead be provided coverage through the CSH&W Fund regardless of the employee’s work location. Weekly payments for covered employees shall be in accordance with the rules set forth in the applicable Supplement, Rider or Addendum. If there are none then the rules set forth in the Central States Supplement shall apply. UPS will be responsible for making the weekly payments to the CSH&W Plan to provide the medical coverage. will be provided pursuant to the terms of an Employer sponsored nationwide health care plan, namely, the UPS National Health Plan for Part-Time Employees. (A copy of the Summary Plan Description will be provided.) Features of the plan will include a prescription card. (c) This paragraph Section shall supersede any provisions on the same subject in any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum, including those Supplemental provisions which require part-time benefits to be equal to or the same as full-time medical benefits.
Screen shot 2013-11-07 at 12.21.19 PM.jpg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Looks like someone is running for office in Local 100.... and got some new software.

Only.... about a year too late.

Why try and sell the point here ??

Hit the street.... and talk to the members.

-Bug-

Delivered

I think they have addressed what language (or parts) that they would like to see added to the Ohio Rider. (granted it needs to have all the legal & technical garb added but that's up to the Committee to do so) I don't think Local 100 expects to remain on the UPS plan. Teamcare is here but as we've already seen there can be more than 1 version of it.
Ohio Rider .jpg

Stonefish

Since we have a unrealistic wish list let me throw a few things out there:
Make supervisors self report they violate the contract and pay without a grievance.
Stewards have their own offices
Showers for the drivers with a towel warmer for when we're done.
The employer can not implement any new technology for the life of the agreement.
If a company across the street from my building in Cincy is on strike we don't have to work and get paid.
No driver has to pay for any package that is lost or damaged regardless of how it happened.
The company can never contest a comp claim they just pay them all.
All ADA accommodations are granted within 10 business days.
Unlimited number of DUI's or rehabs.
If I have a payroll shortage the penalty is the a minimum of the amount of shortage each week.
The company can no longer rail packages.
Pension is $10,000 per month for full-time and part-time employees.
If a supervisor harasses you they're fired.
Delete Article 40 in it's entirety.
Top rate of pay after you attain seniority.
UPS pays for my socks.
No more over 70's.

Just a few things on my wish list I was hoping the boys in 100 can get for us. Thanking you in advance.