Ohio rider

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Go for it. Push hard and be ready to settle on one or two of your "suggestions". With the insane 4yr progression, I'd love to see #5 where each day a "single" day cover driver worked would reduce their progression time. That would solve several issues by making the single day coverage list more attractive, which in turn would give more PKG guys a needed day off, and train the next generation of drivers. Win Win Win.

That's the spirit!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
score they were given to the negotiating committee you don't do it afterwards. I hope your smarter than that.

Again, when was this proposal meeting held?
Was it before or after we saw the contract offer?

See, we didn't think we needed to submit suggestions like "please don't lengthen wage progressions" or "please don't create language allowing part timers to do full time ground work".

Stonefish

Again, when was this proposal meeting held?
Was it before or after we saw the contract offer?

See, we didn't think we needed to submit suggestions like "please don't lengthen wage progressions" or "please don't create language allowing part timers to do full time ground work".
i already answered that.
When your sitting around with your pipe add this one.
11. Have a proposal meeting after negotiations are started.

If you recall they sent out surveys.

C

chuchu

Since we have a unrealistic wish list let me throw a few things out there:
Make supervisors self report they violate the contract and pay without a grievance.
Stewards have their own offices
Showers for the drivers with a towel warmer for when we're done.
The employer can not implement any new technology for the life of the agreement.
If a company across the street from my building in Cincy is on strike we don't have to work and get paid.
No driver has to pay for any package that is lost or damaged regardless of how it happened.
The company can never contest a co
PHP:
mp claim they just pay them all.
All ADA accommodations are granted within 10 business days.
Unlimited number of DUI's or rehabs.
If I have a payroll shortage the penalty is the a minimum of the amount of shortage each week.
The company can no longer rail packages.
Pension is $10,000 per month for full-time and part-time employees.
If a supervisor harasses you they're fired.
Delete Article 40 in it's entirety.
Top rate of pay after you attain seniority.
UPS pays for my socks.
No more over 70's.

Just a few things on my wish list I was hoping the boys in 100 can get for us. Thanking you in advance.[/QUOTE

BBQ

Stonefish

Since we have a unrealistic wish list let me throw a few things out there:
Make supervisors self report they violate the contract and pay without a grievance.
Stewards have their own offices
Showers for the drivers with a towel warmer for when we're done.
The employer can not implement any new technology for the life of the agreement.
If a company across the street from my building in Cincy is on strike we don't have to work and get paid.
No driver has to pay for any package that is lost or damaged regardless of how it happened.
The company can never contest a comp claim they just pay them all.
All ADA accommodations are granted within 10 business days.
Unlimited number of DUI's or rehabs.
If I have a payroll shortage the penalty is the a minimum of the amount of shortage each week.
The company can no longer rail packages.
Pension is $10,000 per month for full-time and part-time employees.
If a supervisor harasses you they're fired.
Delete Article 40 in it's entirety.
Top rate of pay after you attain seniority.
UPS pays for my socks.
No more over 70's.

Just a few things on my wish list I was hoping the boys in 100 can get for us. Thanking you in advance.[/QUOTE

BBQ

i am not sure if people read their own posts or not but people have been BBQing the union. So now other people give their opinions and it's not right. Hypocritical isn't it?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
i am not sure if people read their own posts or not but people have been BBQing the union. So now other people give their opinions and it's not right. Hypocritical isn't it?

You're entitled to your opinion and I value it even if it is contradictory to my own, that's how we learn.
I'm still curious how you expect us to be able to anticipate the concessionary language negotiated before it was actually presented to us for a vote at a proposal meeting?
Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume the union would not acquiesce to any concessions with a company like UPS that has been consistently achieving record profits in a down economy?
While healthcare was front and center, several issues went unaddressed or the applicable language regressed.
With these facts established, why is it now futile to petition a committee on a twice failed rider that has the availability to address some of these issues that have now risen to the surface?

Stonefish

You're entitled to your opinion and I value it even if it is contradictory to my own, that's how we learn.
I'm still curious how you expect us to be able to anticipate the concessionary language negotiated before it was actually presented to us for a vote at a proposal meeting?
Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume the union would not acquiesce to any concessions with a company like UPS that has been consistently achieving record profits in a down economy?
While healthcare was front and center, several issues went unaddressed or the applicable language regressed.
With these facts established, why is it now futile to petition a committee on a twice failed rider that has the availability to address some of these issues that have now risen to the surface?
We are both entitled to our opinion and I do agree with that point although we disagree with each other on the issues.
If and when you are fortunate enough to win your election hopefully you will understand the process better.
The company made profits prior to the current contract which if I remember correctly passed by over 65% and certain groups claimed concessions which is what they have done through history except when the General President they wanted was in office.
I agree with you if you don't ask you won't receive but ask for something that is attainable or reasonable only makes sense to me maybe not others. My question to you is if you were to receive maintenance of benefits, get rid of 17 I, dedicate a specific number of 22.3 jobs in Ohio (which is attainable), get rid of SVD drivers, lower the time of progression, guarantee feeder runs from subcontracting (which we have), make the company hear grievances timely (which we have), create a stewards council, create a fund, prevent sure post abuses (which is in the new language) what would you say if it failed again? Would we say we got 1-10 now we want to add 11-20 then we will pass it? Or if it was agreed to and it then put our company in the same position as the freight company's on give back, would you then support a give back? Realize it or not everything comes at a cost. Look at your (or whomever put it together) 1-10 and think about it. Come up with something attainable and go for it. We work hard we deserve to be treated fair.

C

chuchu

No one is opposing anyone's opinion right. We respond to negative issues or issues that we don't agree with differently. I wasn't singleing you out. It just appeared to be mocking with a little over the top. Everyone has strong opinions about this TA. I don't understand why the animosity is aimed at people who want better language in what seems to be the last chance to make changes. It may be a shotgun attempt but it's better than no attempt.

I understand your points. I appreciate you're engaged. It appears that you are angry that people haven't thrown in the towel on most of the hard issues. And if you're a good steward it's not your nature to give up easily.:)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We are both entitled to our opinion and I do agree with that point although we disagree with each other on the issues.
If and when you are fortunate enough to win your election hopefully you will understand the process better.
The company made profits prior to the current contract which if I remember correctly passed by over 65% and certain groups claimed concessions which is what they have done through history except when the General President they wanted was in office.
I agree with you if you don't ask you won't receive but ask for something that is attainable or reasonable only makes sense to me maybe not others. My question to you is if you were to receive maintenance of benefits, get rid of 17 I, dedicate a specific number of 22.3 jobs in Ohio (which is attainable), get rid of SVD drivers, lower the time of progression, guarantee feeder runs from subcontracting (which we have), make the company hear grievances timely (which we have), create a stewards council, create a fund, prevent sure post abuses (which is in the new language) what would you say if it failed again? Would we say we got 1-10 now we want to add 11-20 then we will pass it? Or if it was agreed to and it then put our company in the same position as the freight company's on give back, would you then support a give back? Realize it or not everything comes at a cost. Look at your (or whomever put it together) 1-10 and think about it. Come up with something attainable and go for it. We work hard we deserve to be treated fair.

Come out from the shadows and help us draft a more "reasonable" proposal?
Make your own, I'll sign it.
Or are you just one of those people who like to counterpoint?
Again, it's just a petition from a bunch of front line Teamsters to serve as a wake up call.

What would you ask for if you were to write a proposal?

Stonefish

No one is opposing anyone's opinion right. We respond to negative issues or issues that we don't agree with differently. I wasn't singleing you out. It just appeared to be mocking with a little over the top. Everyone has strong opinions about this TA. I don't understand why the animosity is aimed at people who want better language in what seems to be the last chance to make changes. It may be a shotgun attempt but it's better than no attempt.

I understand your points. I appreciate you're engaged. It appears that you are angry that people haven't thrown in the towel on most of the hard issues. And if you're a good steward it's not your nature to give up easily.:)

​I in no way shape or form have animosity towards you or anyone else regarding this situation. Throwing in the towel nope. Realist yep.

Stonefish

Come out from the shadows and help us draft a more "reasonable" proposal?
Make your own, I'll sign it.
Or are you just one of those people who like to counterpoint?
Again, it's just a petition from a bunch of front line Teamsters to serve as a wake up call.

What would you ask for if you were to write a proposal?
That's pretty good psychology. Ok but your not going to like it. My proposal would be to get rid of the Ohio Rider because it isn't needed. The grievance procedure is spelled out in Article 5 and the Central Region Rules of Procedure. The pension, health and welfare, vacations, holidays are in the CRT. Discharge and Suspension is in Article 3 and 17 of the CRT. Wages are Article 22, 41 and 43 of the NMA. DIC department hasn't existed since 80's or 90's. Local 92 and 348 health and welfare covered under Article 14, Section 1 first sentence of CRT. Don't need the Ohio Rider. What about the Local 100 Rider have you heard anything about the negotiations on it? I'm guessing no because it wasn't opened for negotiations.

Sorry if you don't like my opinion but, it's mine to have.

I do by the way already have a list I'm putting together for next negotiations.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's pretty good psychology. Ok but your not going to like it. My proposal would be to get rid of the Ohio Rider because it isn't needed. The grievance procedure is spelled out in Article 5 and the Central Region Rules of Procedure. The pension, health and welfare, vacations, holidays are in the CRT. Discharge and Suspension is in Article 3 and 17 of the CRT. Wages are Article 22, 41 and 43 of the NMA. DIC department hasn't existed since 80's or 90's. Local 92 and 348 health and welfare covered under Article 14, Section 1 first sentence of CRT. Don't need the Ohio Rider. What about the Local 100 Rider have you heard anything about the negotiations on it? I'm guessing no because it wasn't opened for negotiations.

Sorry if you don't like my opinion but, it's mine to have.

I do by the way already have a list I'm putting together for next negotiations.

Most language, in most riders, is preceded by similar language from the supplements to which they are attached.
I agree that the language in the Ohio Rider has become redundant, but why limit ourselves and forfeit the autonomy afforded us in the IBT Constitution by eliminating this agreement?
While I would have been intrigued with your idea prior to this contract fiasco, it is only now that I see the true value of this agreement.
​I see no good reason to burn this bridge.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Every Local Union with UPS members....

Had a contract proposal meeting.... during the month of August 2012. Prior to negotiations.

Where were you ??

​-Bug-

Out of town, on vacation.
2 weeker!
I did fill out and turn in the questionnaire before hand.
Pretty sure I wrote "no concessions" on it.