Oil reaching the Gulf Coast

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Typical Klein...you dance around the question and cant back up your BS...your pathetic.
No, he's Canadian...........LOL! I know I beat you to that Hoax.:happy2: No offense DS or any other Canadian's that may have been offended due to my post. I only meant Klein's type of Canadian.:happy-very:

av8torntn

Well, Stevie, now you and your family can live thru the largest man made disaster that ever hit this planet.
!

You are being just a bit of a drama queen don't ya think? I think Chernobyl would qualify as much worse on the environment. That enviornment may never be inhabited again. Also there are still buildings closed due to the Anthrax attack on the postal system a few years back and they may never reopen. It's possible some of these buildings may never be useful again either. If you are one to believe the global warming hype then ever time a rocket is launched into space would be worse. This may not even end up not even being the largest oil spill ever.

klein

Für Meno :)
Typical Klein...you dance around the question and cant back up your BS...your pathetic.

I'm sure the US news will point out the safety messures other countries have to avoid such a mess.
Or you can log on to Globaltv.com and watch ours..

As far as not being the biggest oil spill ever... already is. And every 3rd or 4th day the equalent of another Exxon Valdez is added on.

The area affected with this major oilspill, is a little bit larger then Chernobyl !!!

I'm sure the US news will point out the safety messures other countries have to avoid such a mess.

As far as not being the biggest oil spill ever... already is. And every 3rd or 4th day the equalent of another Exxon Valdez is added on.

The area affected with this major oilspill, is a little bit larger then Chernobyl !!!

Klein, again your numbers are off. The Exxon Valdez spilled 250,000 barrels of oil. We are spewing out 5,000 barrels a day. So it will take 50 days to equal the Valdez.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Doubt it because they already are but you knew that already but just like to spew your crap. Here is everything you need to know:
http://www.mms.gov/tarprojectcategories/deepwate.htm
Lefty socialst TV..no thanks.
I need to put on my oxygen mask since you blowing so much smoke.
You should audition for howard stearn so you can show how well you talk out your :censored2:.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Obama said yesterday the “Department of Interior has announced that they will be sending SWAT teams to the Gulf to inspect all platforms and rigs.”

“It just stuns me that we’re sending SWAT teams to all platforms and rigs, not ecological experts, not various scientific experts, not engineers – we’re sending SWAT Teams – we don’t even send SWAT teams to the border….you don’t send SWAT teams to rigs in the middle of an environmental problem,” he said.
Radio talk show host and former Reagan cabinet advisor Mark Levin has slammed President Obama’s bizarre announcement

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Obama said yesterday the “Department of Interior has announced that they will be sending SWAT teams to the Gulf to inspect all platforms and rigs.”

“It just stuns me that we’re sending SWAT teams to all platforms and rigs, not ecological experts, not various scientific experts, not engineers – we’re sending SWAT Teams – we don’t even send SWAT teams to the border….you don’t send SWAT teams to rigs in the middle of an environmental problem,” he said.
Radio talk show host and former Reagan cabinet advisor Mark Levin has slammed President Obama’s bizarre announcement

Actually i think its a smart move on Obama to send in extra security...and since the FBI are now investigating the explosion...might have been sabatoge. I cant believe i put smart and Obama in the same sentence...someone check and see if i have a fever.:wink2:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Actually i think its a smart move on Obama to send in extra security...and since the FBI are now investigating the explosion...might have been sabatoge. I cant believe i put smart and Obama in the same sentence...someone check and see if i have a fever.:wink2:
Blogtel on Gulf Oil Rig

by DFX April 30, 2010 22:12 From Blogsphere:

Intel on Gulf Oil Rig

Just got a call from a friend in the Oil business in Huston. Here is what he told me...

(1) The supply ship that arrived before the explosions was manned by all new people, nobody on board was from the usual crew.
(a) I asked him to find out what the dress and appearance of these men were: short hair cuts, military bearing etc.. he will get back to me if he can, the guy is very nervous even talking about it.
(2) There were 14 explosion on the rig.
(a) sounds like cutting charges to me
(3) The shut off valve below the surface on the sea floor is controlled by hydraulic control, the panel was destroyed in the explosions.

(4) He told me that the rig is also sitting on the valve assembly, to complicate the damage as well.
Sounds like it will be a long time before the damage is repaired, and the Oil spilling into the ocean, might take much longer than expected or we are being told.....

My friend is in a very important position in the Oil field...he is not prone to spinning the truth............

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Blogtel on Gulf Oil Rig

by DFX April 30, 2010 22:12 From Blogsphere:

Intel on Gulf Oil Rig

Just got a call from a friend in the Oil business in Huston. Here is what he told me...

(1) The supply ship that arrived before the explosions was manned by all new people, nobody on board was from the usual crew.
(a) I asked him to find out what the dress and appearance of these men were: short hair cuts, military bearing etc.. he will get back to me if he can, the guy is very nervous even talking about it.
(2) There were 14 explosion on the rig.
(a) sounds like cutting charges to me
(3) The shut off valve below the surface on the sea floor is controlled by hydraulic control, the panel was destroyed in the explosions.

(4) He told me that the rig is also sitting on the valve assembly, to complicate the damage as well.
Sounds like it will be a long time before the damage is repaired, and the Oil spilling into the ocean, might take much longer than expected or we are being told.....

My friend is in a very important position in the Oil field...he is not prone to spinning the truth............

Very interesting. With all the safety devices in place, there still is not much you could do if there were explosions all over including the control room. The company that makes and owns the rig is the biggest in the world. The company is Transocean.

av8torntn

It's not even close to the largest oil spill ever. I'm thinking now to be a liberal you must be overly dramatic.

As far as Chernobyl goes it was ,and I don't think there is any doubt, a much more harmful disaster to the environment. I will add that it was not even the worst environmental disaster in history but radioactive material was pumped into the atmosphere and down into the soil. Radiation alarms went off as far away as Sweden. The area around is still not habitable. Thousands died and there may never even be a way to clean this up. This, not even being the worst disaster was much worse than even the largest oil spill.[/quote]

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, Stevie, now you and your family can live thru the largest man made disaster that ever hit this planet.
Don't even think Florida is safe, probably be on your east coast within a week.
If you wanna joke or downplay it, thats up to you.
It's all you're gonna see on the news now for the next few months.
800.000 liters spilling each and every day.... they think it will take 90 days just to stop the leak.
How many more years for clean up ?

Yes, I am a bit of a nature friend. I tend to take care of it. Alaska Oil spill sickened me , too , at that time.
Gee, today was garbage day here, I took out my garbage, seen that my neighbor had 2 milk jugs in his, took them out for recycle !

Klein, how is the oil going to reach the east coast of Florida when the Gulf of Mexico is on the west coast? It would have to go down around the southern tip of Florida and then be blown back on to the coast in order for that to happen.

klein

Klein, how is the oil going to reach the east coast of Florida when the Gulf of Mexico is on the west coast? It would have to go down around the southern tip of Florida and then be blown back on to the coast in order for that to happen.

opps. ofcourse I meant the west coast... me sitting here in the far west.... kinda looks like east coast to me (hope that excuse worked) LOL
I also screwed up with those numbers of the Valdez comparison. Getting liters, gallons, and barrels numbers all mixed up.
Nevertheless, it will become the biggest oilspill ever.

As far as AV8 goes with Chernobyl.
I was living in Germany at the time. It effected my job (dairy plant), effected fresh veggies and fruit (taken off grocery shelfs).
I was darn close to the action.

wkmac

Klein, again your numbers are off. The Exxon Valdez spilled 250,000 barrels of oil. We are spewing out 5,000 barrels a day. So it will take 50 days to equal the Valdez.

It may take more than 200 days.

“It’s 1,000 barrels [a day] emanating from 5,000ft below the surface,” said Rear-Admiral Mary Landry, of the US Coast Guard, who is overseeing the emergency response. “Absolutely, this is a very serious oil spill.”

source: London Times 4/26/2010

The above article states the slick at the size of Hong Kong but just listening to some news and now it's the size of Jamaica.

wkmac

1000 gallons was their first estimate. They now think it's 5000 gallons a day.

OK, let's go with your number of 5000 gallons per day, the Valdez dumped 11 mil. gallons into Prince William Sound so 5000 gallons per day divided into the 11 million gallons from the Valdez which is our measure equals 2200 days. If you use barrels instead of gallons like Admiral Landry used, then you are into the 50 day scenario that 1989 referred too. The 5000 gallon number is the latest from the Coast Guard but they call that an estimate based on the output of the well itself in production. They use this as worse case scenario in order to factor their response which is smart but the reality is the well is likely not leaking at production levels. They also look at the size of the spill in area and calculate the amount of oil needed to achieve but the spill is not full coverage in that area but is broken and fractured. This may be a saving grace for mammals like dolphins and whales which must surface for air. Hope the weather cuts them a break and at least the winds shifts and starts blowing off shore.

As to making this some kind of America bashing, you'd do well to read the history of BP itself.

BP plc (formerly The British Petroleum Company plc then BP Amoco plc) is a British global energy company that is also the third largest global energy company and the 4th largest company in the world. As a multinational oil company ("oil major") BP is the UK's largest corporation, with its headquarters in St James's, City of Westminster, London.[2][3][4] The company is among the largest private sector energy corporations in the world, and one of the six "supermajors" (vertically integrated private sector oil exploration, natural gas, and petroleum product marketing companies).[5] The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.

source

So BP (BRITISH Petroleum) is a British Corporation under the authority of what is called the British Commonwealth or now the Commonwealth of Nations. Would you like to enlighten the rest of us here on Canada's status as to this authority of the commonwealth?

A Commonwealth realm is a sovereign state within the Commonwealth of Nations that has Elizabeth II as its monarch.[1] The sixteen current realms have a combined land area of 18.8 million km² (7.3 million mi², excluding Antarctic claims), and a population of 134 million;[2] all but about two million live in the six most populous states, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, and Jamaica.

source

Being this rig is located in international waters maybe the real culprit is more Canadian than American!

But there is a significate American connection but can you find it? We'll see won't we!

No, not at all jumping up or down on such news ! But, I did just finish watching my news hour. Yes, we have those extra safety messures in place, like most other countries do.
If there is a brighter side to this (according to my Alberta news) : Offshore drilling is going to be less attractive and more expensive in the future. And probably will come close to a standstill.
Which means, more exploration in northern Canada and maybe the artic.
It makes our "dirty" Oil sands, look darn good now.
What kind of safety measures can be taken when your oil is already technically spilled into the soil? Or are you talking about where maybe the oil transport companies fire drunken truck drivers like UPS Canada does?
But, really no, It's going to hurt to see the upcomming pics and vids from dead wild/sealife and plants, etc.
I'm disturbed about the fact, in the time it took me to type and post this message, another 10.000+ liters went into sea !! :(

Gosh,I sure hope this doesn`t change your mind about visiting our filthy little third world country even if you can get greats rates for a condo facing the oil stained beaches.:sad-little:

No, these things shouldn't happen.
I heard now, the first biggest mistake they made was actually putting the fire out on the rig itself. Should have kept the oil burning.
This is all just the beginning.
Hurricane season is about to start. Will start long before the leak is stopped.
And what do Hurricanes do over extreme warm waters ? Gain more strength !
Extreme warm waters from the oil and the sun heating up the darker waters.

Uh,hate to break it to you Einstein, but hurricane season doesn`t occur till late summer or fall. Probably why Katrina didn`t ruin Memorial day for N.O.,huh.

In a way, people in the south do need to pray, that a hurricane doesn't show up during the spill this Spring or Summer.

Or you on another Canada.gov sponsored vacation.

Nothing you can do now. Take it day by day, and hope for the best.

As for your last question.: I needed to smirkel on that one. I'm more ready then you think.
Don't have a job, don't have kids or wife.
And more depressing snow in the forecast for next week !

Need to spend my money first, travel a bit more.... but , that would just be another luxery.

That`s "LUXURY", maybe you could cut loose some funds on a spell check app.

wkmac

BTW: Much of the mess we (America) find ourselves in the middle of in the Middle East, Africa and Asia is a mess created by "YOUR" precious commonwealth over the course of the 19th & 20th century and without our spilled blood and guts, your "commonwealth" is not only unsustainable but nothing but a fading footprint of history. Another reason I oppose our troops policing the world to help maintain an empire that should have been smashed to the 4 winds a very long time ago. My ancestors forced the Romans to build Hadrians Wall and it's way past time we forced em' again!
:wink2:

Sic Semper Tyrannis
(and I don't mean the mistranslation either)

klein

Well, now the news is, due to the normal natural gulf current, it is very likely the oil spill will loop itself around Florida, and effect both coasts.

wkmac, as far as the commonwealth goes and Canada's connection. No point me even going there. I think Canada is the youngest (or one of them), Nations on earth.
We will turn 143 years old on July 1st.
I know about the history of Great Britain, and how they robbed all thier colonies, along with the french, spanish, portugese, even dutch, germans, italiens. That's what the Europeans once did. But, by far, GB was the "winner".