OJS

FilingBluesFL

Lets not forget, always make sure to eat something that makes your stomach a bit... unhappy and desiring to expel noxious gas...

More than normal, at least.

mjjlohn

Everyday is different just always be on task and work normally. Ojs lock ins are a stale old tactic that don't expose anything unless you're off task

O

OLDMAN3

-Do not exit car with large packages in hand
-Do not step over packages you put on steps of package car (exit drivers side and walk around)
-When going around back of house for a DR out of sight, don't pay attention to sup who is at front of house yelling to you that the customer is now at front.
-Make 2 indirect attempts, go back and leave complete delivery notes
-Out of sight does not mean partially out of sight
-assume every customer is on vacation for one week and package must stay dry even if heavy rains with strong winds come.
-Sup does not open doors, steady cart loads, straighten out shelves or touch any box, point out when he does.
-check with loader to see if load got any special attention
-check with nearby drivers to make sure they did not get any "overflow" or any of your on-calls, NDA etc.
-sup is there to observe not to remind you of packages on floor etc...point out all instances of helping behavior when they happen.
-On your breaks, which might come at "inconvenient" times, write down every thing the sup did to help.
-NO unnecessary backing-go around the block!
-Park in safe spots no matter how far from delivery location
-Do not drive through tree branches, walk it off
- Do not attempt business between 12-1 PM, drive back to area.
-Avoid telling sup anything about the route, he may use it to claim your ride day was more difficult than normal

When you finish your day, write down everything you can remember about the day. Include supervisor intervening in delivery situations, touching packages, reminding you to do things etc. I assure you if they are trying to lock in stops per hour the sup is going to make notes about the ride each night, and you should as well.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I've been OJS many times. They key is to relax yourself, work hard as always but don't let them speed you up. Walk as much as possible and don't cut corners. The number will suck because they made up fake numbers! Your goal is to run as over as possible! Get this in your head as this is the exact opposite of what they are trying to do.

I scan and stop complete near the truck as many times as possible too. Numbers tank doing this.

Runner-gunners should learn to take the 3 day ride and not be afraid.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
"
Is it really a number you can be held to every day for every route? Certain city routes I cover are just always insane busy. From the people to the area it's just never ending change so where 120 is a great day today tomorrow it could be almost 2 hours longer. How are routes like this given a standard number and expected to maintain it ?

Inde?? You are a cover driver. You have no worries about being scratch. Hell! I'm full time and don't give a crap. Do the best you can. It's their job to dispatch you correctly. Especially with Orion. Just say " you can ride with me ". Just make sure they buy your lunch. If not they did their ride along with you by now. They are only allowed 2. A safety ride and your annual ride. Otherwise it's a harrassment ride.. file. They can do a virtual ride now. Make them follow on their program they developed. For me --I believe there is a manager in the jump seat everyday.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Ojs always light. Told my sup to ride with me as much as possible. Had no heavies and a mile wide walk-thru.

I also force them to help. I throw the box to them when they get out. Hey, just put it by that door. Or when I go to a business. I will wait for them to open a door for me. Otherwise I will put the boxes on the ground to open the door. They get the idea pretty quick on that one.

rod

Retired 22 years
I used to have a few customers who were brutal when it came to accusing whoever was riding with me of being lazy or rude because I would NEVER allow them to help me with doors or anything. I would make them stand there like a bump on a log while I struggled with a door. These customers knew what was going on but played it to the max. :-)

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My last yearly ride I used the Supe as a helper. We enjoyed lunch at a small town joint. Easy day.
As long as its not an ojs ride and my on-car is cool I'm good with occasionally doing that.
When I was a cover guy I was loaned out to another center and the female on car was cool as hell. She was like lets make this an early easy day. I'll drive, you deliver, Ill buy you lunch then we'll have sex in the back of the truck. I got my free lunch but she still owes me the sex in the back of a truck.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I used to have a few customers who were brutal when it came to accusing whoever was riding with me of being lazy or rude because I would NEVER allow them to help me with doors or anything. I would make them stand there like a bump on a log while I struggled with a door. These customers knew what was going on but played it to the max. :-)

All my customers know that if they see someone with me to disappear.

No help and I have to track them down to sign.

O

OLDMAN3

As long as its not an ojs ride and my on-car is cool I'm good with occasionally doing that.
Yep,
OJS is an entirely different animal.
Your on car will likely be very friendly for the OJS, so that you relax and take shortcuts etc.
He will likely tell you practices that are normally considered unsafe, such as not out of sight D.R.s are just fine during an OJS.
Keep in mind his motivation is to get you to ramp up your stops per hour and under-allowed numbers for the OJS.
He is not doing you a favor. The 3 day ride is to try to establish a high production standard that they will try to hold you to.
Everything by the book. Make sure every door latches and completely hides the boxes. Indirects absolutely eat time.
Don't do the shortcuts. Use the same safety drivel we are subjected to everyday as your reason.
Remember, stay out of residential driveways!
Under no circumstances speed, or walk at too fast a pace.
Write down your left bldg time and return to bldg time and how many stops you got off, in case they "modify" your time card...
Leave a bit of break for the end of day to take pics of the summery screen.
Document everything and keep the notes with you everyday until they have the meeting with you to review the ride and try to hold you to the numbers.
Review your notes with the steward before the meeting.
You will not enter a meeting without a steward!

UPSGUY72

Yes am talking about 3 day OJS. They mentioned they want to OJS me because the time/route is so inconsistent. I have it long term while guy is out with surgery.

With Orion you don't run your route exactly the same everyday unless your have the same stops and the same air and even at that ORION willl come up with a different solution each day. That being said a OJS ride is kind of worthless as you don't run the route the same everyday.