Ok, maybe I just a dumb truck driver but..............

trpinkl,
Dorkhead has nothing to worry about. While I like to look at and associate with the opposite sex as much as any man, I married the LOVE of my life thirty years ago.
I believe that I am one of the "lucky" ones and could not picture my life without my beautiful wife and much better half. I hope there are many others on the cafe that have experienced and are living this kind of relationship. As we grow older together the only thing I fear in Life is when death may for a short time seperate us. Although this painful thought will someday be a reality it makes any other problem you encounter in life whether at home or at work seem rather small and trvial !!!:wink2:
Island, I was just kidding, I don't consider any of the flirting stuff around here serious and don't think anyone else odes either.

I applaud you in having a wonderful married life and fully understand the fears that come with the reality you speak of. It took me two tries but I did find the light of my life and could not be any happier.

jt28403

That sucks! ........ looks like he got the credit for the pick up and you didnt.......and from what i've been told that you dont get credit for prepaid .... I probably would have done it as a unsch pu ...... which they dont want you to do but if they dont want you to do it as a unsch pu, then they should take that option out of the diad......just my opinion :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Credit or not, dilli did the right thing by helping out.

What the other driver should have done is closed out the pickup stop as "Non-PU, Already PU" in the DIAD. Closing it out any other way is simply dishonest.

menotyou

bella amicizia
trpinkl,
Dorkhead has nothing to worry about. While I like to look at and associate with the opposite sex as much as any man, I married the LOVE of my life thirty years ago.
I believe that I am one of the "lucky" ones and could not picture my life without my beautiful wife and much better half. I hope there are many others on the cafe that have experienced and are living this kind of relationship. As we grow older together the only thing I fear in Life is when death may for a short time seperate us. Although this painful thought will someday be a reality it makes any other problem you encounter in life whether at home or at work seem rather small and trvial !!!:wink2:

That is beautiful. You and your wife are blessed. Good for you!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Well believe it or not your center could have done a lot better.

They can send you (copy) the pick-up even if the other driver has stop completed it. You cannot move the ODS pickup from one board to another.
I have done this several times since the upgrade last year. If any sups out there doubt this, do a test tomorrow.

Dill appreciate the hard work let the center team worry about it if they do want you to get the proper credit.
Dragon, will you give me step by step instructions, please. I would like to make a copy of it and give it to my Sup so he can learn how to do something new. :happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I don't know how the other driver closed the stop out. I wasn't really concerned about that so I didn't ask.

Thanks guys for all the support and words of wisdom, of course except for Klein.

PS - It's nice to have you back Danny.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Your overall stress level will really go down once you develop the ability to stop caring about what the WOR says or how far "overallowed" you might be.

I recently bid a new route and I have forced myself to not look at the report each morning. The driver who did this route before followed the methods, took his lunch and breaks, and was generally 1.5 to 2 hours "overallowed" each day. I am doing the same thing, and I suspect that my "overallowed" hours are probably about the same. Or maybe not. I dont know or care either way.

I just show up, clock on, and do the work. If my management team has a problem with what the report says, they know where to find me. In a case like this, Telematics is actually a good thing because it shows where I went, how long I was there, and how fast I drove. I like the transparency. They have all the information that they need to decide whether their "allowance" is realistic or not, and its up to them to adjust that "allowance" if they dont like the numbers that it spits out at the end of the day. They are free to do whatever they need to do and as long as my paycheck clears every Friday I could care less one way or the other.

island1fox

Island, I was just kidding, I don't consider any of the flirting stuff around here serious and don't think anyone else odes either.

I applaud you in having a wonderful married life and fully understand the fears that come with the reality you speak of. It took me two tries but I did find the light of my life and could not be any happier.

trpinkl,
I honestly did not take offense, I enjoy the humour from many of the people on the cafe. It is good to laugh and have some fun. I am glad you can relate to the comments I made. It certainly puts alot of things into perspective for us. I hope your retirement is very long and happy and that both of you enjoy every minute together !!:peaceful:
I am also retired and cannot believe how fast the days,weeks,months and years seem to be flying by.

island1fox

Wow. She has to be looking over your shoulder, right?

over9five,
My wife sometimes looks over my shoulder,always covers my back and forever stands in my heart !!:wink2:

P.S. Sorry Dill I was accused by Danny of hijacking your thread but I think it was trpinkl who opened this door !!!:happy-very:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Fox

No one accused me of hijacking the thread. I did it. But every once in a while, there is something important enough to warrant one getting off track a bit, and this was one.

I know how blessed you feel. I have the same blessing to wake up to each day. Life is good.

Now back to Dil and being a dumb truck driver.

d

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Moved a bunch of off topic posts in this thread, and someone is going to start getting warnings for "thread derailment" if they keep it up. If you really want to discuss the pros/cons of different countries, we do have a current events forum (hint).

Back on topic, I am in agreement with what Sober posted earlier:
Your overall stress level will really go down once you develop the ability to stop caring about what the WOR says or how far "overallowed" you might be.

I recently bid a new route and I have forced myself to not look at the report each morning. The driver who did this route before followed the methods, took his lunch and breaks, and was generally 1.5 to 2 hours "overallowed" each day. I am doing the same thing, and I suspect that my "overallowed" hours are probably about the same. Or maybe not. I dont know or care either way.

I just show up, clock on, and do the work. If my management team has a problem with what the report says, they know where to find me. In a case like this, Telematics is actually a good thing because it shows where I went, how long I was there, and how fast I drove. I like the transparency. They have all the information that they need to decide whether their "allowance" is realistic or not, and its up to them to adjust that "allowance" if they dont like the numbers that it spits out at the end of the day. They are free to do whatever they need to do and as long as my paycheck clears every Friday I could care less one way or the other.

Nimnim

The Nim
Hate to derail here, but where did the off topic posts go? And tip for you, it helps to let us know where when you say you move stuff.

I'll be running along now, back to what you all were doing.
th_084_.gif

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

It's really not a matter of caring about the WOR or their numbers, I don't. It was just a point of contention.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Moved a bunch of off topic posts in this thread, and someone is going to start getting warnings for "thread derailment" if they keep it up. If you really want to discuss the pros/cons of different countries, we do have a current events forum (hint).

Back on topic, I am in agreement with what Sober posted earlier:
Ya know Jonesy Boy, you didn't hear me bitching about it. Every thread goes off topic and back to topic. Leave it alone. There was no violations of TOS BACK OFF! :biting:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dil, not enough coffee?

Jones has donated his very valuable time to clean up these threads. We need to be thankful for his service to the BC. You forget, no one has to "bitch" about a thread going off topic for him to remove the offending threads. He can do it all by himself. Read the rules of the road here. A mod is a mod is a mod.

Bottom line, you and only you can prevent you from being a dumb driver. Dont let them drag you down with their stupidity. Keep doing the right thing, regardless of getting the credit.

d

Ya know Jonesy Boy, you didn't hear me bitching about it. Every thread goes off topic and back to topic. Leave it alone. There was no violations of TOS BACK OFF! :biting:

Do as I say, Think as I think, Only thoughts and words I approve shall be allowed!!!! So shall it be written, So shall it be done!
jk2nkjrbc2l.jpg
jk2nkjrbc2l.jpg