OK, really starting to freak and worry, NOBODY to talk to

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dill the man got his car stuck and he had a tier three intersection accident. there is a chance the boss did not make him have these incidents so he could pick on him?
Tie I am well aware of that. Sometimes ( I know this is going to be a really stupid thing to say to Tie) it would be nice to hear you be ( GOD I was really trying to think of another word besides this one) POSITIVE, instead of always (maybe not always) being so (OOOHH, alright) NEGATIVE............. OK I know I'm in for it now, so be my guest. Can't you be nice sometimes TIE?

satellitedriver

On to house inspection. How do you get rid of snake infestation?
Spread sulphur powder around.
Snakes can't stand it.
Spread it around the yard also.
After a rain, you will have to reapply it.
Get rid of their food source, mainly mice, rats, ect...
Cats are a great deterrent.
Sulphur will also rid your yard of fleas and ticks.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dill

When you have a lot of little incidents like this, stats show that you are in the making for a big one. While not really a good method, climbing someones butt does tend to wake them up sometimes.

If all this will help the driver focus more on the job at hand......

Speaking of which, why is it that you can see 10 different UPS drivers out there tooling around, and 6 will be talking on the cell while driving?

d

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I get the humor in it. Its really not always negative, especially in this case. Actually he reminds me of Dennis Miller. Anyone who ever has an accident and gets his job back will see the humor down the road, as long as no one was maimed. Those who dont will be laughing when they get another career doing the same or better. Sometimes I think we have to laugh at ourselves. Everyone else does.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
D, I know you are right and I understand that Tie is too ( sigh). I just happened to pick this time to ask to to be nice once in awhile. LOL I have had a class a CDL for more that 15 years and take my driving skills very seriously. I have been driving trucks for a long time, yet I do understand that accidents happen and sometimes (not always) they are just that, accidents. We have certain drivers that have had more than there fair share and yet they get their safe driving awards every year and it's just not right.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Spread sulphur powder around.
Snakes can't stand it.
Spread it around the yard also.
After a rain, you will have to reapply it.
Get rid of their food source, mainly mice, rats, ect...
Cats are a great deterrent.
Sulphur will also rid your yard of fleas and ticks.
Thanks SAt, cats are out of the question, where do you get sulphur powder?. My son just bought this empty house in foreclosure, empty for quite some time, great deal, and the house is awesome. I only wish I had one like it! There is only a crawl space, but planning on putting in a basement, with the amount of $$ saved. Excellent masonry features and wood throughout. But found evidence on the house inspection, so I said I would use my vast resources and find out how. I kinds thought since its occupied now, and dogs in house, and yard, they might just slither away. No evidence of mice or rats.

mikestrek

I've seen drivers written up several times and lose there job just to get it back. Usualy those drivers ran at least an hour late each day. We had one driver that was in an accident almost every year and never got fired. The reason being, He ran at least 1 1/2 hours early every day. His numbers helped the center. I know that sounds bad but it's true. To the rest of you. Be safe. :wink2:

tieguy

Banned
D, I know you are right and I understand that Tie is too ( sigh). I just happened to pick this time to ask to to be nice once in awhile. LOL I have had a class a CDL for more that 15 years and take my driving skills very seriously. I have been driving trucks for a long time, yet I do understand that accidents happen and sometimes (not always) they are just that, accidents. We have certain drivers that have had more than there fair share and yet they get their safe driving awards every year and it's just not right.

perhaps I should have shown a little more compassion. Wives tend to be blindly loyal. Anyone it sounds like they got some good news out of it.

Dill the man got his car stuck and he had a tier three intersection accident. there is a chance the boss did not make him have these incidents so he could pick on him?
I can see someone, anyone, getting a write up over a tier three accident. Getting stuck in sand one time and a write up is BS. Getting stuck in sand two, three, four times yeah, there's a reason for a write up. I've been on routes that if you didn't take a chance of getting stuck in sand you would have two to five stops undelivered in a single day. With the absence of a good phone number for the consignee or a neighbor on solid ground for more than two miles, what a driver supposed to do?

I once stuck a P47 Sprinter in no more than 4 inches of sand on top of hard packed caliche. Luckily, a farmer in a 4 wheel drive pickup with a chain came by, I was back on my way within an hour.

ExupserNaples

Tooner not sure about snakes because here in Colorado, where I live the elevation is 9000 feet and they cant live here. About the basement, I would strongly urge your son not to do that. Now the house is sitting on the foundation of the crawl space, most likely with piers supporting the middle of the house set in concrete. In order to put in a basement, the foundation issues, and excavation issues, and plumbing in the crawl space would be a huge expense in my opinion. Save the money for a brown walker for mom I say:happy2:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When you buy your first house, you always have grandiose ideas. My son works out of town alot, and lots of hours. Im sure they will never get to it. But Ill tell them to save for my walker. Im crying.

steeltoe

I always thought you had the decision at the actual panel, not "later this week".

The panel never declares a decision on the spot. Think about it. You have a guy who was fired for some crazy reason and has worked for the company for 24 years. He looses at the panel, which is held at an off site area. The panel tells him he is out of a job. This could be very dangerous to the people on the panel. There is no security either. The usally make a decision and then you get a letter from the union telling you the decision. On occassion you may hear through the "Grapevine" if you won or lost, if it is not a fireing, but maybe a monetary grievance.

ImpactedTSG

UPS tries to make you believe that this is the best, highest paying job you could ever have. It's not true. There ARE other, better jobs out there.
I cannot agree with you more. I felt like the world was going to end when they announced the TSG layoffs and that I was "impacted" by them. (that's how I came up with my name). Two years later I am a lot happier and making almost double what I made in TSG. You may be better off if he does leave UPS. If he is as hard working as you say, he will be successful in whatever he does. Good luck and God Bless!!