Ok seriously if you had to do it all over again-Would you?

blue efficacy

Anybody who would not do it all over again would have quit by now. Even if you hate the job, having a job you hate with great compensation is better than having a job you hate with poor compensation like most schmucks out there in non-education requiring jobs.

Anybody who would not do it all over again would have quit by now. Even if you hate the job, having a job you hate with great compensation is better than having a job you hate with poor compensation like most schmucks out there in non-education requiring jobs.

I disagree,at least for me. I`m still here because I`ve invested 25+ years in the job and to have quit would have been throwing those years away. Would I do it over again after all the joking about it? No. More so now that UPS has changed it`s ideals on making service for the customer. I look back on those years and I think I would have done something that was a greater contribution such as working in a hospital or such.

HomeDelivery

The trend is for the retirement age to be extended, not shortened.

I would do it all over again only if I were unable to use my degree elsewhere. UPS has provided me and my family with a comfortable lifestyle and has allowed me to assist both children with their college educations. We used the medical benefits time and again with little to no out of pocket. I have a nice home and am looking forward to a secure retirement. Yeah, we work hard, but are well compensated for it. It could be a lot worse.

yeaaap, like working for FedEx Home Delivery or Ground, with not compensating you for shunning your family for this job(it's not an hourly job with OT pay and paid sick/vacation times)

I wished i stuck it out with brown when I 1st signed up with them as a package handler many years ago & just waited for my time to bid to become a driver for your company.

from what i'm reading on both sides of this industry, you guys are getting similar crap from your terminal/hub managers, but you are compensated for it
(more than 1/2 than those Express hourly paid couriers) if you are over-dispatched. your other benefits are also superior to the purple company as well...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
why is this thread geared solely towards drivers? I never understood that mindset, self importance? If anything, many drivers have it better than most others - feeders and package.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That is simply because the majority of PTers do not make UPS their career.
So UPS is only comprised of drivers and PT inside workers? Think before posting next time.

"I have to admit I was a lurker on this forum before I became a member. I have read sooo many stories of guys that are just NOT happy with this job at all. Honestly I can see why, especially if UPS was completely different when you started. So my question is for all of you drivers that have years in this company. If you had to do it all over again would you?"

I have no problem with the question, but just questioning why it's limited to drivers, when there are FT inside people (tens of thousands), management employees, etc etc asking the same questions. They aren't as important, in the mind of some drivers, I guess.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My take on this is that the OP was asking FT'ers if the would have gone from PT to FT, if they could have that choice again. It's a question a lot of PT'ers ask. It's a question some FT'ers ponder. I don't think he had any intent to dismiss anyone.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My take on this is that the OP was asking FT'ers if the would have gone from PT to FT, if they could have that choice again. It's a question a lot of PT'ers ask. It's a question some FT'ers ponder. I don't think he had any intent to dismiss anyone.

Yeah, that is possible. Then again many people were hired FT driver off the street ( not mentioning names), so not only are we now limited to drivers, but ones who went through the ranks..heh

over9five

Staff member
I think more drivers would bid out if they weren't in that "comfy zone" or knew how much easier their lives would be. :)

OT is seriously starting to P/O me. Forced OT. I just don't need it.
Inside FT has no OT.
Two weeks ago, there was an inside FT job posted. I came real close to signing it, but it was already in my head to wait till the bid.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
OT is seriously starting to P/O me. Forced OT. I just don't need it.
Inside FT has no OT.
Two weeks ago, there was an inside FT job posted. I came real close to signing it, but it was already in my head to wait till the bid.
Good thing you stayed away from that one.
You should have free reign over 22.3 and probably even the day-twi top driver rate ones...easy pickens.