Okay, Here we go, fdx says.......

packageguy

Just heard alittle while ago, FDX says they could go down 6%. Who really beleives this garbage. How can they have not money, they are a cash cow.
many part-timers, they have contracts doing ground, paying them peanuts, I could go on and on. Just want to know what you guys and gals think?
This should be good....lol

undies

It's the same as UPS saying they can't afford to pay for our benefits and pension plans, give us raises or afford to put more routes in on a daily basis. Billion's in PROFIT a year and they still spew that nonsense. Sounds like my grandparents who lived like poor people but really had a **** ton of money stashed away, nothing wrong with that for an individual to live that way, but when you're a huge corporation I don't think it works for me.

STFXG

Fedex is a cash cow. The express division is trying to bump up its margins from 5 to 10 percent. It's all smoke and mirrors to try and cut down the work force.

959Nanook

Maybe it is just me but it seems to me that FDX business model would be more expensive than UPS business model. They have a lot of redundancy with Express and Ground drivers covering same territory. From what some say on BC, UPS is dying a slow death in Ground. FDX probably ships higher percentage of air products, hence, they might get higher revenues per package (even with cutthroat shipping rates?). All the same, world's largest commercial air fleet can't be cheap to operate if financial health of other commercial airlines is any indication. I understand our labor costs are higher at UPS but anecdotal evidence that I hear leads me to believe that FDX is not as lean, comparatively, as UPS (I did not do financial research to see if that bears out in the financials). I have no idea what I am talking about but I believe it is possible.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Maybe it is just me but it seems to me that FDX business model would be more expensive than UPS business model. They have a lot of redundancy with Express and Ground drivers covering same territory. From what some say on BC, UPS is dying a slow death in Ground. FDX probably ships higher percentage of air products, hence, they might get higher revenues per package (even with cutthroat shipping rates?). All the same, world's largest commercial air fleet can't be cheap to operate if financial health of other commercial airlines is any indication. I understand our labor costs are higher at UPS but anecdotal evidence that I hear leads me to believe that FDX is not as lean, comparatively, as UPS (I did not do financial research to see if that bears out in the financials). I have no idea what I am talking about but I believe it is possible.

The ground drivers pay or rent everything....there is an advantage.if you want you can also own a sleeper team that runs doubles u

Across the country,I didn't know this until a FedEx driver/owner told me

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I should clarify, you would own the run path and sometimes the feeder truck and someone would drive it for you

bluehdmc

In Business School 101 on the first day of class, the instructor writes the following phrase on the wall. "We're not making any money."

Students are taught to memorize that phrase or it's variations, "We haven't reached the projections we'd hoped." etc. etc.

Students are told to repeat these phrases whenever employees asked for more money for raises, to replace obsolete equipment, whatever.

Meanwhile management continues to recieve bonuses, get to go to paid seminars in exotic places, etc.

CAFAL

Fedx ground contractor told me he gets fifty cents a package. What a joke. All he does is complain about waiting on docks for help. No wonder smith wants to move services from express to ground. He can rip those guys off more. So sad

OptimusPrime

It's the same as UPS saying they can't afford to pay for our benefits and pension plans, give us raises or afford to put more routes in on a daily basis. Billion's in PROFIT a year and they still spew that nonsense. Sounds like my grandparents who lived like poor people but really had a **** ton of money stashed away, nothing wrong with that for an individual to live that way, but when you're a huge corporation I don't think it works for me.

Yes and no. I don't mean to offend you or any other driver, but it seems a lot have lost focus. Show me a job where a non HS graduate(Pretty sure UPS doesn't require a diploma) can make $33 an hour, and $49.50 an hour for OT, which a lot of us get at least ten hours a week. I'm not saying bow to UPS corporate but damn man. A lot of drivers make more than a lot of college grads, and never had to pay student loans.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yes and no. I don't mean to offend you or any other driver, but it seems a lot have lost focus. Show me a job where a non HS graduate(Pretty sure UPS doesn't require a diploma) can make $33 an hour, and $49.50 an hour for OT, which a lot of us get at least ten hours a week. I'm not saying bow to UPS corporate but damn man. A lot of drivers make more than a lot of college grads, and never had to pay student loans.
You forgot to add what we give up in return. I'd elaborate but I'm honestly too tired tonight to go into details, maybe this weekend.

DorkHead

"A lot of drivers EARN more than a lot of college grads, and never had to pay student loans." I have not lost focus. I know I earn every penny that I am paid

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I talked to the FedEx Ground driver in my area last week. He says he's slammed, he's got over 80 stops today. I look at my diad with the 162 stops and I say "that sucks !! " :)

L

Loufan

After they honor the contract with the union they can spend or not spend their money however they want to.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Those college grads arent going to wind up with bulged discs, hernias and arthritic knees by the time they are 45, and in most cases they actually get to see their families at night during the Christmas season.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Those college grads arent going to wind up with bulged, herniated, and fused discs, hernias and arthritic knees by the time they are 45, and in most cases they actually get to see their families at night during the Christmas season.
Fixed it for ya!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Those college grads arent going to wind up with bulged discs, hernias and arthritic knees by the time they are 45, and in most cases they actually get to see their families at night during the Christmas season.
Why not see the family...there's no jobs, so they probably live at home!!