okay mgt folk..MIP predictions????

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by sosocal, Oct 10, 2009.

1. sosocal

sosocal New Member

I'm thinkin 1.43
  2. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

3. Cezanne

Cezanne New Member

Guess it's better than giving back money. Good luck you will need it.
  4. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Not hardly - I'm guessing 0.7 and others are guessing closer to 0.5.

The factor is so arbitrary now it is hard to come up with any guess one feels is close.

I guess it will be whatever the Board and Mgt Comm feels is the least they can give us and not totally destroy morale.
  5. negrosangre

negrosangre New Member

And what will the employment "attrition" be after MIP is paid?
  6. redshift1

redshift1 New Member

In SoCal many management people have already left.
  7. Monkey Butt

Looks like the company plan is working.
    UPS would love for all the higher compensated "old timers" would quit and replace them with younger, less-paid management with no retirement liability.
    Seems like a very logical and very good business approach (if it just didn't apply to me). :anxious:
  8. beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat Well-Known Member

I wish.... I'm afraid it'll be closer to 1/2 of that. I think if we used the old formula, you'd be right.
  9. undercoversupe

undercoversupe New Member

10. hangin455

hangin455 Member

you mean they're actually still gonna give out MIP? Wonder if it'll cover the health care increase.
  11. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

It should be huge as a reward for how well mgmnt is treating the customers I try to deliver consistently to.:whiteflag:
  12. bones

bones Member

I'm thinking at least 1.25, the factor will be higher than most of us think so at the end of the year we will all be pleasantly surprised and forget we didn't get a raise and lost our 401 match, it will probably be announced right before or after they announce the retirement age is being raised or something else that in then end takes away from our compensation package.
  13. Monkey Butt

Please refer to these changes using the correct terminology - "Enhancements"
  14. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

An enhancement for....
  15. Monkey Butt

... we have come to the conclusion ... UPS.

I see you caught the sarcasm. :happy-very:
  16. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

What is morale?
  17. Monkey Butt

Morale, also known as esprit de corps when discussing the morale of a group, is an intangible term used for the capacity of people to maintain belief in an institution or a goal, or even in oneself and others. The second term applies particularly to military personnel and to members of sports teams, but is also applicable in business and in any other organizational context, particularly in times of stress or controversy.
    According to Alexander H. Leighton, "morale is the capacity of a group of people to pull together persistently and consistently in pursuit of a common purpose".
  18. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

Now, define it within the framework of ups. If you can.
  19. negrosangre

negrosangre New Member

I am with you, Hoaxster~I wish the retirement age didn't include me. I have been waiting for over a year, but I guess my lot in life is to hang in there because I won't leave without a very good reason or a package. Any income and savings (401k, even if it isn't matched) is better than retirement income and USING savings.
  20. purplesky

purplesky Active Member

I hope you guys in management get a good MIP. You guys are working long hours and that is your overtime pay and your put out the fire pay. I AM SUPRISED THAT UPS HAS NOT OFFERED AN EARLY OUT PACKAGE FOR MANAGEMENT. WOULDNT THIS MAKE SENSE? WHO KNOWS MAYBE DOWN THE ROAD ThEY WILL OFFER ALL THE 55 YEAR OLD PACKAGE CAR PEOPLE A CANE AND A CARROT PACKAGE.