okay mgt folk..MIP predictions????

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
The MIP is known and the factor is........................ .7. Just got the news from my finance contacts yesterday. The quarterly reports have been run and .7 is the number. This could be adjusted but remember, you heard it first.......1/2 bonus is here to stay but it will be 1/2 of 1/2 of 1/2 month bonus in the future. Coffee will no longer be free, bathroom visits with be $.75. Rumor is people are using phones to surf Internet and play games while on toilet. New "cheek sensors" have been installed to set off alarm if 7 minute limit is exceeded. Also, new "non hand washer" alarm in triggered if person does not wash hands after visit. These offenders are immediately posted to UPSers.com under the Flu link.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm thinkin 1.43

Not hardly - I'm guessing 0.7 and others are guessing closer to 0.5.

The factor is so arbitrary now it is hard to come up with any guess one feels is close.

I guess it will be whatever the Board and Mgt Comm feels is the least they can give us and not totally destroy morale.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And what will the employment "attrition" be after MIP is paid?

In SoCal many management people have already left.

Looks like the company plan is working.
UPS would love for all the higher compensated "old timers" would quit and replace them with younger, less-paid management with no retirement liability.
Seems like a very logical and very good business approach (if it just didn't apply to me). :anxious:

bones

I'm thinking at least 1.25, the factor will be higher than most of us think so at the end of the year we will all be pleasantly surprised and forget we didn't get a raise and lost our 401 match, it will probably be announced right before or after they announce the retirement age is being raised or something else that in then end takes away from our compensation package.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm thinking at least 1.25, the factor will be higher than most of us think so at the end of the year we will all be pleasantly surprised and forget we didn't get a raise and lost our 401 match, it will probably be announced right before or after they announce the retirement age is being raised or something else that in then end takes away from our compensation package.

Please refer to these changes using the correct terminology - "Enhancements"

old levi's

blank space
Not hardly - I'm guessing 0.7 and others are guessing closer to 0.5.

The factor is so arbitrary now it is hard to come up with any guess one feels is close.

I guess it will be whatever the Board and Mgt Comm feels is the least they can give us and not totally destroy morale.

What is morale?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What is morale?
Morale, also known as esprit de corps when discussing the morale of a group, is an intangible term used for the capacity of people to maintain belief in an institution or a goal, or even in oneself and others. The second term applies particularly to military personnel and to members of sports teams, but is also applicable in business and in any other organizational context, particularly in times of stress or controversy.
According to Alexander H. Leighton, "morale is the capacity of a group of people to pull together persistently and consistently in pursuit of a common purpose".http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morale#cite_note-0

old levi's

blank space
Morale, also known as esprit de corps when discussing the morale of a group, is an intangible term used for the capacity of people to maintain belief in an institution or a goal, or even in oneself and others. The second term applies particularly to military personnel and to members of sports teams, but is also applicable in business and in any other organizational context, particularly in times of stress or controversy.
According to Alexander H. Leighton, "morale is the capacity of a group of people to pull together persistently and consistently in pursuit of a common purpose".

Now, define it within the framework of ups. If you can.

negrosangre

I am with you, Hoaxster~I wish the retirement age didn't include me. I have been waiting for over a year, but I guess my lot in life is to hang in there because I won't leave without a very good reason or a package. Any income and savings (401k, even if it isn't matched) is better than retirement income and USING savings.

purplesky

I hope you guys in management get a good MIP. You guys are working long hours and that is your overtime pay and your put out the fire pay. I AM SUPRISED THAT UPS HAS NOT OFFERED AN EARLY OUT PACKAGE FOR MANAGEMENT. WOULDNT THIS MAKE SENSE? WHO KNOWS MAYBE DOWN THE ROAD ThEY WILL OFFER ALL THE 55 YEAR OLD PACKAGE CAR PEOPLE A CANE AND A CARROT PACKAGE.