okay mgt folk..MIP predictions????

bones

I AM SUPRISED THAT UPS HAS NOT OFFERED AN EARLY OUT PACKAGE FOR MANAGEMENT.

I think this has been considered (hence all the rumors in the past), however, someone much smarter than me figured out if you keep giving mgmnt less and less to do more and more with while applying more pressure to get it done along with constantly making "enhancements" which are a detrement to the overall management compensation package people will leave on their own and you don't have to give them anything for it.

MD Dan

I AM SUPRISED THAT UPS HAS NOT OFFERED AN EARLY OUT PACKAGE FOR MANAGEMENT.

I think this has been considered (hence all the rumors in the past), however, someone much smarter than me figured out if you keep giving mgmnt less and less to do more and more with while applying more pressure to get it done along with constantly making "enhancements" which are a detrement to the overall management compensation package people will leave on their own and you don't have to give them anything for it.

Clap Clap Clap
I do believe you have hit the nail on the head--At least for all of us terminally cynical types(and i'm a driver[who can see what center level mgt is dealing with]). Also--detriment has only 2 E's.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Amen Brother.....

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Unfortunately I believe that management personel will for the most part be a thing of the past. Let me explain, a few years back UPS started to reduce the number of centers in the buildings thus creating a smaller need for on road sups and other needed salary personel. With the technology that exists now in cordinating all the routes and advanced knowledge of volume I see a "Building of the Future", and that being a building with various work groups but only one set of supervisors. All communication will be done through the diad, including PCM's and any and all driver specific information. We will still meet with our assigned on road sup once a week but other then that its punch in and do what we all know to do. Drive, Park and Deliver!