Old Bones are not in the best interest of my health and safety.

yonnko

Is their not anything that we could do to make UPS understand that the old bone no power steering trucks are no good. It is not just the lack of power steering. It is the narrow doors, the high steps, the noise level on the highway. Collectively, these trucks are not practical for the size and the amount of packages we deliver. Yes, we all get it done when we get stuck with an old bone for a few days but it amazes me that a great company like UPS still has these things on the road.

packageguy

Is their not anything that we could do to make UPS understand that the old bone no power steering trucks are no good. It is not just the lack of power steering. It is the narrow doors, the high steps, the noise level on the highway. Collectively, these trucks are not practical for the size and the amount of packages we deliver. Yes, we all get it done when we get stuck with an old bone for a few days but it amazes me that a great company like UPS still has these things on the road.

We been real lucky, we got alot of new trucks, all automatics full seat

BrownArmy

My center is where trucks go to die...300K miles, 400K miles, etc...

No idea why they're retrofitting these dinosaurs with Tellymatics...a few drive well, but most are elbow/knee/shoulder killers.

Makes me take them much less seriously when they talk about end-range-motion...:greedy:

OptimusPrime

I'm really not sure how the shorter guys do it. 6'5" and going up and down the first step is still a pain. The main concern I have with them is the lap belt. God forbid I get hit or something, but going face first into that steering wheel is not going to be pretty.

I do like the parking break though. Doesn't seem to get out of adjustment all the time like the newer ones. I assume they eventually have to be tightened by a mechanic? In my roughly 3 months in a old truck it's been fine. Though for all I know the older trucks are routinely maintained unlike the newer ones.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We had a guy report a shoulder injury wrestling one of these gems. Miraculously he had power steering the next day. Too late.

Those trucks are logistics at there finest and the man or woman who decided to purchase those trucks will have to answer to god for all the pain they have caused.

Indecisi0n

They spend millions on a half assed programmed call Orion to help cut miles, save gas and save money. It's funny how no one ever mentioned to invest those millions into newer fuel effient trucks that would in turn save gas and money.

CAFAL

I love my 2011 p-1000 but, I really loved my p-800 with the five speed splicer in it. This truck and I bonded if you know what I mean. A friggin tank. Although my p-1000 has a forty gallon tank behind the rear axle.

They spend millions on a half assed programmed call Orion to help cut miles, save gas and save money. It's funny how no one ever mentioned to invest those millions into newer fuel effient trucks that would in turn save gas and money.
How many times do I have to tell you. That's logistics we love logistics

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The main concern I have with them is the lap belt. God forbid I get hit or something, but going face first into that steering wheel is not going to be pretty.

How this hasn't made someone a rich rich man or woman I don't know. If I got in an accident with just a lap belt I'd sue their pants off.

jaker

trolling
My center is where trucks go to die...300K miles, 400K miles, etc...

No idea why they're retrofitting these dinosaurs with Tellymatics...a few drive well, but most are elbow/knee/shoulder killers.

Makes me take them much less seriously when they talk about end-range-motion...:greedy:
It's funny how many other hubs say this to , we used feel that way but good old California made some law up about emission and the next thing we know the new trucks start rolling in

Last Christmas I got 2011 with a 1000 miles on it felt like I won the lottery , now it has 20000 on it , dang we drive a lot

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Your health and safety were never a factor in the decision-making when these vehicles were ordered.

The idea was that, by intentionally making the vehicles harder and more dangerous to drive, older (less productive) drivers would be forced to retire sooner when they could no longer spend 11 hours a day fighting the equipment. Their spot on the payroll would then be taken up by a newer employee, still in progression, with fewer vacation weeks for the company to pay for. I can almost gurantee that some ******* bean-counter in a little cubicle someplace had it all figured out on a spreadsheet. It wasnt like he or anyone he cared about would ever have to drive the trucks.