Old cars rotting away on your route?

65Goat

I was thinking it might be a good topic to post pictures of old cars rotting in fields. You know, the ones that are "going to be restored when I get around to it". I have several in NWA, here is the first. Looks like a '57 Chevy Bel Air.
DSCN2986.jpg

jason67rs

Got to love the people that won't sell because they are going to fix them. My dad got chased with a pick knocking on a door in WV to ask about some cars.

texan

Got to love the people that won't sell because they are going to fix them. My dad got chased with a pick knocking on a door in WV to ask about some cars.
So Ironic you say that. In Central PA I know a person that has 6 Studebaker Larks
with trees growing through them. A relative of mine lives there, and I saw them in his yard.

You ask him, may I buy one? Answer....NO I am going to fix them up.

He is 88 years old. Sigh.

They have been for at least 40 plus years rotting away.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My first car was a hand me down '72 Vega that my big brother destroyed the 4-cylinder engine in it. I replaced it with a smallblock 350 and put a narrowed 12-bolt Chevelle rear end under it. My best friend worked in his father's garage so thats how I learned to work on cars.

I see a lot of cars just sitting around waiting to be restored, it doesn't look like it will ever happen.

My first car was a hand me down '72 Vega that my big brother destroyed the 4-cylinder engine it it. I replaced it with a smallblock 350 and put a narrowed 12-bolt Chevelle rear end under it. My best friend worked in his father's garage so thats how I learned to work on cars.

I see a lot of cars just sitting around waiting to be restored, it doesn't look like it will ever happen.
your brother disliked you so much....he gave you a Vega!!!!!!!!lol poor messed up(s) guy....no wonder you drive a big brown truck....You were born driving crap!...just like me!!!!!lol

texan

Here is a 72 Vega with a 350 and a few tweaks.
A V-8 Vega is a favorite for those who loved Power to weight.
15962365_medium_zps76e787e0.jpg

jason67rs

Hey Texan I live in Central Pa and it does seem everybody is older who says going to fix them up. I asked a guy about a '56 Buick really rough just wanted the weight and some stainless. He said his wife couldn't stand it if it was restored. It had no floors and sunk in yard.

texan

No matter what, let us not forget the Cogsworth Vega.
One of America's first attempts, with British help, for a super tuned 4 cylinder.
American Automotive history.
Cosworth_Vega_Engine_zps64d15ad0.jpg

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I was thinking it might be a good topic to post pictures of old cars rotting in fields. You know, the ones that are "going to be restored when I get around to it". I have several in NWA, here is the first. Looks like a '57 Chevy Bel Air.

Is this car for real? You never see 2door BelAirs sitting around anymore. Everybody has to settle for 4doors these days.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Here is a 72 Vega with a 350 and a few tweaks.
A V-8 Vega is a favorite for those who loved Power to weight.

Mine was great in a straight line, it would lift the front wheels off the ground. You could buy a conversion kit back then that had headers and engine mounts in it. The Vega was actually designed to take a V-8, I just had to go to the dealer and order stronger front springs because it added about 300 pounds to it. The unibody construction couldn't handle the power though. Last time I saw my car, the guy that had bought it had busted the headers on speed bumps and the door was hard to shut because of the body twisting.

texan

Hey Texan I live in Central Pa and it does seem everybody is older who says going to fix them up. I asked a guy about a '56 Buick really rough just wanted the weight and some stainless. He said his wife couldn't stand it if it was restored. It had no floors and sunk in yard.
This in not a PA thing, just a human nature of "I do not want to let it go".....

Nothing is better than the center of PA. So beautiful, and a wonder of our early fore fathers.

Mountains, beautiful farm land, corn, cows, chickens, and very nice people.

The PA Dutch, the farm land everywhere. I love to visit PA. It is one of many areas that are
original American, and hold to the past, the root of America. (Values, Respect / and a history lesson)