Old cars rotting away on your route?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Now a few of the nice ones I've seen.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361148404.780525.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361148417.416034.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361148404.780525.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361148417.416034.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey
I almost forgot while telling my story about my mom's Chevy but......

On my old route I kept bugging this guy about a car that was under a tarp for the first 5 years I was delivering to him. Got him to spill the beans on it a bit since he wouldn't let me look under the tarp. It was a '31 Model A. Need a bit of work, but that was fine by me since I wanted to make it into a ratrod. It sits there for a few more years and his daughter, who's husband owned the local pizza shop I ate at daily, says to me, "Hey my dad has been talking about selling the car. You may want to go see him and he was only looking to get $1500 for it. WEll he was back and forth between here and Florida. I'm saving my pennies in the mean time. So my mother in laws boyfriend and I go down to take a better look at it, stop in at the pizza shop to ask her if her dad is around. She ask what for and I tell her that I wanted to talk to him about the car. Her mouth drops and says sadly, "He sold the car yesterday........for $800." There was a yearly community festival the day before and some guy walking town stopped and asked and weaseled him down. :(

Most of me was upset at myself for not stopping and asking ahead of time but at the same time I was a bit bothered that he knew I how much I wanted it and still sold it to someone else. If the original motor had turned over by hand I could have funded most of my project for it. Oh wells.

SmithBarney

So it's not an Old car rusting away. There is a guy with a "new" beetle that has been sitting for at least 3 years in the weeds, I asked if he wanted to sell it.
"nope"

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I almost forgot while telling my story about my mom's Chevy but......

On my old route I kept bugging this guy about a car that was under a tarp for the first 5 years I was delivering to him. Got him to spill the beans on it a bit since he wouldn't let me look under the tarp. It was a '31 Model A. Need a bit of work, but that was fine by me since I wanted to make it into a ratrod. It sits there for a few more years and his daughter, who's husband owned the local pizza shop I ate at daily, says to me, "Hey my dad has been talking about selling the car. You may want to go see him and he was only looking to get $1500 for it. WEll he was back and forth between here and Florida. I'm saving my pennies in the mean time. So my mother in laws boyfriend and I go down to take a better look at it, stop in at the pizza shop to ask her if her dad is around. She ask what for and I tell her that I wanted to talk to him about the car. Her mouth drops and says sadly, "He sold the car yesterday........for $800." There was a yearly community festival the day before and some guy walking town stopped and asked and weaseled him down. :(

Most of me was upset at myself for not stopping and asking ahead of time but at the same time I was a bit bothered that he knew I how much I wanted it and still sold it to someone else. If the original motor had turned over by hand I could have funded most of my project for it. Oh wells.

And here I thought you were a ricer!:happy-very:

jason67rs

They are actually repopping '57 Chevy bodies not cheap at all though. There is an awesome junkyard outside of Culpepper, Va called Leon's. I don't think they've ever crushed anything. They have stuff you can't even tell what it is anymore because of the weeds and bushes.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
They are actually repopping '57 Chevy bodies not cheap at all though. There is an awesome junkyard outside of Culpepper, Va called Leon's. I don't think they've ever crushed anything. They have stuff you can't even tell what it is anymore because of the weeds and bushes.

My kind of place. I hate the way a lot of salvage yards are today. Used to be like a treasure hunt. Not any more:dissapointed:

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Many years ago I delivered to guy that sold blinds. Got a peek in his garage one day and there sat a 68 Camaro. Said he was the second owner and brought it from California with him when he moved over. Stated he did not want to sell. Over the years the boxes and other crap kept collecting on top of that car. Periodically I would remind him that I would like to buy it but he refused stating he would like to fix it up someday. Got taken off the route for a few years and when I happened to delivery to him again the car was gone. Yah.....he just sold it a few months ago. $14,000 for it. I wish I had gold sitting around in my garage like that.