Old cars rotting away on your route?

32F driver

Looks like an '89 20th anniversary. Only 1555 were ever built. Only Trans Am not born with a V8. Same turbo charged V6 that was in the Buick Grand National.

oldngray

nowhere special
No. I'm talking about the 82-83 models with the 2.5 L engine. Seen more than one converted to V8.

Did they have a 4 cylinder in 82-83? I don't remember anything smaller than a 6. That was when they downsized to a smaller body that looked butt ugly compared to the previous friend-body though.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Did they have a 4 cylinder in 82-83? I don't remember anything smaller than a 6. That was when they downsized to a smaller body that looked butt ugly compared to the previous friend-body though.
Yes, it's true. Not many were sold, as you might well imagine. Actually "ran" from 82 to 85. I had imagined it died out after a year or 2.

oldngray

nowhere special
No. I'm talking about the 82-85 models with the 2.5 L engine. Seen more than one converted to V8. Word is a 4 cylinder Ecotec exists with the 2016 Camaro.

My bad. They still used a friend-Body but still looked different then. They did have a base 4 cylinder too.

The Third-Generation Camaro was released for sale in December, 1981, beginning production on October 12, 1981. The 1982 model introduced the first Camaros with a hatchback body style, and such options as factory fuel injection, and a four-cylinder engine. The Camaro Z28 was Motor Trend magazine's Car of the Year for 1982. Three models were available: Sport Coupe, Berlinetta, and Z28.

The Sport Coupe came standard with the 2.5 L (151 cu in) LQ9 four-cylinder engine. The 2.8 L (173 cu in) LC1 V6. the 5.0 L (305 cu in) LG4 V8 were optional. Dog dish-style hubcaps were standard; full wheel covers were optional as were steel, five-spoke 14x7-inch body-colored rally wheels.
Chevrolet Camaro (third generation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
No. I'm talking about the 82-85 models with the 2.5 L engine. Seen more than one converted to V8. Word is a 4 cylinder Ecotec exists with the 2016 Camaro.

Was that the Iron Duke?

How much power can you actually get out of one of them?

Could be a fun project.