Old Farts

over9five

Staff member
at 58? Do you believe in the power of prayer? Retirement is looking later and later all the time for most.
Agree with that.
I will be happy with anything I get because I expect nothing. With less and less paying in, the only option is to reduce and delay payments.

happybob

Feeders
51 in April. Started in 88 and will retire when my body tells me it can't take any more. Now that I'm in feeders I don't think that will be for a while.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

at 58? Do you believe in the power of prayer? Retirement is looking later and later all the time for most.

Agree with that.
I will be happy with anything I get because I expect nothing. With less and less paying in, the only option is to reduce and delay payments.

Our local requires 30 years of service and a minimum age of 55 to receive a full pension. I will be 58 when I get my 30 years and, unlike want to retire, I will have no financial constraints that will prevent me from retiring. I will retire in April 2019!!

pretender

People think we are so lucky to be able to retire before 65 but they just don't realize that physically when we get older this job just tears us up too much.

I retired in this past December at 57, and my wife's sister just could not get over how young I was to retire. I finally told her that working one year at UPS is equivalent two years at any other job, so I was actually overdue.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When there was going to be an east coast strike........(called off) The news was reporting some longshoremen make 250-275,000. Hard to feel sorry for that!!