Old Progression vs Nee

BigBrown609

I got my seniority as a ft driver April 19th 2013 so I'm in the old progression where it only takes 36 months to make top rate. I started at 16.10 and am now only making 18.75. The starting rate in the new progression is 18.75 as well. Shouldn't I be getting paid more as a driver with a year seniority than a brand new seniority driver?

stoliohranj

After one year you should be making 19.5 (assuming you entered progression before August 1 2013)

Start: 18.75
1yr:19.5
2yr:21
3yr:top

Did your pay just recently change from 18.45 to 18.75? If you have over a year in you should be making 19.50.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

BigBrown609

After one year you should be making 19.5 (assuming you entered progression before August 1 2013)

Did your pay just recently change from 18.45 to 18.75? If you have over a year in you should be making 19.50.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I got a raise recently from 17.25 to 18.75. I'll be contacting my Union rep tomorrow though. Thanks

Cman84

My senority date is 4/2/13.and im still making 18.45...my retro check was 120.00....guys with less seniority than me were getting 2000.00 retro checks.and i worked more than the guys below me!wtf ups

stoliohranj

My senority date is 4/2/13.and im still making 18.45...my retro check was 120.00....guys with less seniority than me were getting 2000.00 retro checks.and i worked more than the guys below me!wtf ups

Same happened to me. Looking at the hours on my check, I'm pretty sure they only paid out my retro check for my air (already top rate). I heard they are supposed to be sending out checks to fix those underpaid this week. Here's hoping I don't have to grieve it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bottom rung

I got my seniority as a ft driver April 19th 2013 so I'm in the old progression where it only takes 36 months to make top rate. I started at 16.10 and am now only making 18.75. The starting rate in the new progression is 18.75 as well. Shouldn't I be getting paid more as a driver with a year seniority than a brand new seniority driver?
new guys make more, just be glad they didn't negotiate away your three year progression. Remember that when it's time to vote for a new president. Your pay rate shouldn't be 18.75. You should make 18.45 if your on the old contract.
there's a pcm on upsers saying they messed up a bunch of checks for people in progression. And they will be correcting overage and shortages. Ask your center manager, steward, and make a payroll inquiry.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigBrown609

new guys make more, just be glad they didn't negotiate away your three year progression. Remember that when it's time to vote for a new president. Your pay rate shouldn't be 18.75. You should make 18.45 if your on the old contract.
Then what's the progression for the old contract?

Cman84

The same as whats in the last contract.is how i was told.3 yr progression has the better end of the deal over 4 yrs!

JL 0513

I don't know how you're at $18.75. That looks like a payroll error. My seniority is also 4/13 and I'm at $18.45, the 2nd year rate. August 1st, it will be $19.15 after the 70 cent GWI.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Where are you getting this $19.50 figure?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
BB609, What do you mean by the title? Née, means former. The only time I see it used is in obituaries.

Cman84

there's a pcm on upsers saying they messed up a bunch of checks for people in progression. And they will be correcting overage and shortages. Ask your center manager, steward, and make a payroll inquiry.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I checked upsers and I have a fat retro adjustment check waiting on me!

Cman84

Yes its showing on upsers.but i still think its wrong.it doesnt show overtime pay adjustmdnt.just retro st pay.