Old to UPS new to brown cafe

Been retired going on 2 years.Left at 52 after 26 years full time driving.Got my girls through college bought a new truck and boat and saved a few bucks and never looked back.Got a part time job for a few extra bucks where I can come and go as I please and fish and hunt when ever I want.Life is GREAT.My knees finally feel good again and my wife says I am the happy guy she married years ago.I couldn't have left that early without her insurance so I owe her a lot.Although I have had a few rough years at UPS the payofff has been worth the price.But I am Brown no more.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Mine is still working and she is none too happy about it. As long as I accomplish something around the house during the day, she is ok with it...haha I don't know how many times I've rushed to get out of my pajama bottoms and into a pair of pants around 4:30pm...right before she gets home from work.:devil3:

rod

Retired 22 years
Mine is still working and she is none too happy about it. As long as I accomplish something around the house during the day, she is ok with it...haha I don't know how many times I've rushed to get out of my pajama bottoms and into a pair of pants around 4:30pm...right before she gets home from work.:devil3:

The secret to a happy retirement is to keep your wife working as long as possible. Unfortunately old Rod's wife wouldn't have nothing to do with that reasoning and actually retired before me even though she is 4 years younger. I tried to convince her that 49 was WAY to young to retire but her argument was that all her friends told her that I was too young also. (53).

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You can be married forever, but once in a while you gotta pull that sneaky 1 out of your :censored2:. We all drink out of the same cup us married dudes lmfao:rofl:

walk it off

25 years as a package car driver. Just had surgery on both knees(torn meniscus) am eligible for 80 and out but am still on w/c. This job will beat you up! would not recommend this job anymore.

Well since we're giving full disclosure and speaking of surgery I will be getting rotator cuff repair in October but I am sure the job had nothing to do with it.Must have done it at home.Not really.This job WILL wear you down .Not an old guys career.