Older Relative pictures photos

Necropostophiliac

Pics from very early times of great grandparents and others of your past.

My first one:
Part of my children's gene pool from my wife's side:
posttodayphoto_2004_10_4_13_57_49_editedSmall.jpg

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
my dad would get a kick out of that picture DS. I am the son of a sailor. Well, a Submariner anyway. The only good marine is a submarine. Two types of ships in the world. Submarines and targets.

DS

Fenderbender
my dad would get a kick out of that picture DS. I am the son of a sailor. Well, a Submariner anyway. The only good marine is a submarine. Two types of ships in the world. Submarines and targets.
My grandfather was in the British Royal navy,also involved in submarines.The early wooden ones.
My Grandmother thought this was one of his "mates" from his early years there.
Notice the bare feet?

menotyou

bella amicizia
My grandfather was in the British Royal navy,also involved in submarines.The early wooden ones.
My Grandmother thought this was one of his "mates" from his early years there.
Notice the bare feet?
After how handsome he was, it was second thing I noticed. Having to climb on those ropes, it makes life much easier.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My parents at Jupiter Beach in March of 2004. My Daddy has lost a lot of weight since. They hate having their picture taken. Hence, the lovely expressions. ( I had to use fewer pixels than it was taken with just to enable an upload)

photo.JPG
photo.JPG

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mom and dad and friend years ago.
SCANNEDTINNEYPICTURES301Small_edited.jpg

This looks like every Mother's Day of my childhood.......too cold to actually go swimming in Wyoga Lake
, but having a cook out and great eats was fun.

The cousins (lots of them) would run around, playing hide'n'seek, tag, etc. Everyone cooked something. For the kids it was usually hamburgers & hot dogs. The adults would try to outdo each other. Some would have steaks on the grill. Our family had a Coleman Camp stove....with 2 burners.(we didn't camp, but got it with green stamps)

My mom would make sauce & meatballs the day before...haul it out. She would heat it on one burner and boil water to make the pasta on the other. People's mouths were watering!!
She had packed salad and a loaf of Italian bread. Those were fun days.We could fish from the shore too.

We did the same thing on Father's Day, only it was plenty hot and we could swim in the lake.

texan

Another one. Guess down deep I miss my dad.
Look how tall he was compared with my dear mother.
Look at that curly hair on him.
Later when he grew older, his hair looked like Albert Einstein's hair.
25Sep1.jpg