Omaha Steaks

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I generally don't care for store bought marinade, but I make an exception for Stubbs. Absolutely delicious.

klein

Für Meno :)
I use McCormick Montreal Steak Rub & Olive oil

I used to love Porterhouse Steaks, but just the small filet side......the other side is tough to me.

Yes, buy that too, Montreal Saltfree steakspice. All depends whats on sale again. Sometimes McCormick, other times Clubhouse or Knorr, even storebrands at times. But, for steaks I buy saltfree. Chicken or pork it don't matter.
Saltfree seasoning salt is actually a darn good buy (at the same price or close to it). Since the salt added one (contains like 50 or more percent salt), your mostly paying for that salt, at a very expensive price per gram.
I just add my own salt to the pork or chicken.

sano

You never had the Brownmonster's bacon wrapped, marinated filets. My family doesn't like any fat in the meat, they like the filet better then the ribeye. I like all grilled meat.

Suggestion

Try grilling over more heat. Many gas grills do not get hot enough o properly grill a steak. I have a Weber gas grill and a Weber charcoal kettle grill. For steaks I use the charcoal. If the steak is done over very high heat the fat is turned to liquid and released into the meat.
Your family may still prefer something other than ribeye, but sometimes when people say they don’t like ribeyes it is because they are not getting enough heat out of their grill.
I read the Ruth’s Chris Steak house does their steaks at 1800 degrees.

sano

Words of wisdom.
Here is my recipe;
Pull steak out of freezer, do not thaw.
Season to taste, which should be salt, garlic and pepper.
Place frozen steak on a hot grill.

I don’t know how much difference it makes but I believe the best results come from a never frozen steak. I think most of the finer steak houses use fresh, never frozen steaks. Now, could I tell the difference in a blind taste test? I wouldn’t put money on it.