On call

HardknocksUPSer

This morning as I got told to go clock out I was told to wake up and call the sup at 3:30am tomorrow, I was told if he needs me to be there at 4:30 start time, 4 temp drivers (preloaders) are now starting to come back to their regular trucks, 1 temp driver loads the 4 trucks I've been loading every morning, the guy across from me is loading while another temp driver is still driving, once the driver gets back to his regular schedule as a preloader he too will be booted off of the 4 trucks he is loading. I started a week before he did, and I'm on call tomorrow but he's not? How does that work..? Not fair IMO

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
This is true! Bad thing is I know all of his trucks, our splitter doesn't pay attention and his packages gather up heavily at the end of the belt where the stop is so I have to give him his lol
Were the temp drivers preloaders who just went driving for peak, and are now back working preload loading their "regular trucks"?? That's the impression I got from your post. If so, they are seniority employees and you are not....what is unfair about that?

As far as the guy who started a week after you...neither of you has seniority over the other at this point. So whoever the sup picks to work gets to work.

HardknocksUPSer

Were the temp drivers preloaders who just went driving for peak, and are now back working preload loading their "regular trucks"?? That's the impression I got from your post. If so, they are seniority employees and you are not....how is that unfair?
Yes but I mean the guy across from me who is not on call tomorrow doesn't have seniority and neither do I but I don't see how it's fair that I start a week before him (even though we both have no seniority) and he is not on call and I am.

HardknocksUPSer

Were the temp drivers preloaders who just went driving for peak, and are now back working preload loading their "regular trucks"?? That's the impression I got from your post. If so, they are seniority employees and you are not....what is unfair about that?
If questioning the unfairness of a seniority loader coming back and taking my spot I wouldn't question it, he's paid his dues, I already know that deal.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes but I mean the guy across from me who is not on call tomorrow doesn't have seniority and neither do I but I don't see how it's fair that I start a week before him (even though we both have no seniority) and he is not on call and I am.
You don't have seniority over him at this point...you are both seasonals. Whoever sucks less at the job in the eyes of the sup gets to work...generally speaking. Or whoever the sup likes better or whatever the case may be...they don't need to give you a reason.

HardknocksUPSer

Your original post was confusing. I give you props for getting right to the point though. Find a steward and talk to him and see if he will run it up the flag pole.
Don't even know what a steward is or who a steward is, I do however work beside a Stewart :D , not apart of the union yet either so I don't think it even matters, I'm at the mercy of God for Saken UPS so we will see in time, like I said they won't see the last of me, I plan on being there when alll the sups that's there now are long gone lol

HardknocksUPSer

Yup, sometimes you just have to get in someone's grill and ask a question.
I would get in the sups grill and wouldn't mind doing it in a split second but seeing as how I signed a peice of paper agreeing to seasonal work I think it's best to keep my mouth closed until I can join the union..good idea huh?

HardknocksUPSer

When will it end?
When UPS decides their employees are people that actually breath human air and have lives outside of work and families and hobbies and like to sleep and on and on and on... Just kiddin they don't care but they have good money and the works not too aweful, I kinda like it lol

By The Book

Don't even know what a steward is or who a steward is, I do however work beside a Stewart :D , not apart of the union yet either so I don't think it even matters, I'm at the mercy of God for Saken UPS so we will see in time, like I said they won't see the last of me, I plan on being there when alll the sups that's there now are long gone lol
A steward is an hourly employee who takes you and your problem to a member of management for a resolution. Then if you have been wronged it can be made right.