On car sup

Injury Prone

I was just offered a new position as ft on road sup. I am meeting with the honchos tomorrow to finalize and I am curious as to what to expect for a salary offer? I have a number in mind and don't want to be disappointed or unrealistic but also don't want to be taken advantage of since this is my first ft promotion opportunity. I am well aware of the hard work and long hours that lie ahead. To add a few details which might help, I have been with UPS for 5 years, 1yr as a loader and the last 4yrs as a PT Dispatch Sup (a pretty good one if I must say), and I work in a smaller center in a pretty rural area. Also wondering if the offer is negotiable at all or is it a take it or leave it kind of situation? Appreciate any help with this!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I was just offered a new position as ft on road sup. I am meeting with the honchos tomorrow to finalize and I am curious as to what to expect for a salary offer? I have a number in mind and don't want to be disappointed or unrealistic but also don't want to be taken advantage of since this is my first ft promotion opportunity. I am well aware of the hard work and long hours that lie ahead. To add a few details which might help, I have been with UPS for 5 years, 1yr as a loader and the last 4yrs as a PT Dispatch Sup (a pretty good one if I must say), and I work in a smaller center in a pretty rural area. Also wondering if the offer is negotiable at all or is it a take it or leave it kind of situation? Appreciate any help with this!

You never drove? They won't pay you much...

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Why in the hell would you go into supervision? You must not have been there long enough to know how the sellout, lie, cheat and steal supervision job is. Good luck selling your soul Youngblood, youll live to regret it.

undies

It doesn't matter, they'll train you how to think. Not knowing about the job your supposed to supervise will make your employees think less of you.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I've always heard they offer first time FT supervisors the equivalent of 45 hours straight time what a package car driver makes. They offered me management 35 years ago(back then they would ask you. I think you have to initiate a letter now)and I never regretted turning them down flat. No way I could treat folks the way they do.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've always heard they offer first time FT supervisors the equivalent of 45 hours straight time what a package car driver makes. They offered me management 35 years ago(back then they would ask you. I think you have to initiate a letter now)and I never regretted turning them down flat. No way I could treat folks the way they do.
Luckily for us, not everyone is like you. Otherwise, our armed forces would never make hard decisions. :speechless:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why in the hell would you go into supervision? You must not have been there long enough to know how the sellout, lie, cheat and steal supervision job is. Good luck selling your soul Youngblood, youll live to regret it.
Such a loser ... he doesn't understand that once you lose your soul there are no regrets. :ohmy:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Luckily for us, not everyone is like you. Otherwise, our armed forces would never make hard decisions. :speechless:
the least you could do is move this garbage thread over to the "partners" dumpster. ;)

And the answer to the OP's Q is: yes, everything is negotiable. Except of course maintaining even an ounce of real-self, integrity and honesty.

AndUPSER

They ask you, at least the part timers, if you want to be a supervisor. Usually multiple times a year.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
the least you could do is move this garbage thread over to the "partners" dumpster. ;)

And the answer to the OP's Q is: yes, everything is negotiable. Except of course maintaining even an ounce of real-self, integrity and honesty.
He was smart enough to post there as well.
I thought I would leave this one here for amusement!
Amused and having fun so far!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Have fun filling out never ending reports for the next 30 years.
upload_2014-9-15_7-21-48.png

upschuck

We have one who never drove, and recently on a hot/humid day, while out training a new guy, he misdelivered a street. When he got back in, he sat in his air cooled office, and said "What did I get myself into?"