On car sup

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Injury Prone, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Injury Prone

Injury Prone New Member

I was just offered a new position as ft on road sup. I am meeting with the honchos tomorrow to finalize and I am curious as to what to expect for a salary offer? I have a number in mind and don't want to be disappointed or unrealistic but also don't want to be taken advantage of since this is my first ft promotion opportunity. I am well aware of the hard work and long hours that lie ahead. To add a few details which might help, I have been with UPS for 5 years, 1yr as a loader and the last 4yrs as a PT Dispatch Sup (a pretty good one if I must say), and I work in a smaller center in a pretty rural area. Also wondering if the offer is negotiable at all or is it a take it or leave it kind of situation? Appreciate any help with this!

2. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I wouldn't do it for a penny less than $250,000/year. :) Go get 'em tiger!!!

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

You never drove? They won't pay you much...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Why in the hell would you go into supervision? You must not have been there long enough to know how the sellout, lie, cheat and steal supervision job is. Good luck selling your soul Youngblood, youll live to regret it.

5. undies

undies Active Member

It doesn't matter, they'll train you how to think. Not knowing about the job your supposed to supervise will make your employees think less of you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

I've always heard they offer first time FT supervisors the equivalent of 45 hours straight time what a package car driver makes. They offered me management 35 years ago(back then they would ask you. I think you have to initiate a letter now)and I never regretted turning them down flat. No way I could treat folks the way they do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. I have yet to meet a good dispatch sup. no offense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Luckily for us, not everyone is like you. Otherwise, our armed forces would never make hard decisions. :speechless:

9. Monkey Butt

Stop looking in the mirror and you might. :innocent:

10. Monkey Butt

Such a loser ... he doesn't understand that once you lose your soul there are no regrets. :ohmy:

11. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

He sold it four years ago...makes little difference now.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

What the hell does that have to do with me making a personal decision not to go into management when I was 23 years old?

13. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

the least you could do is move this garbage thread over to the "partners" dumpster. ;)

And the answer to the OP's Q is: yes, everything is negotiable. Except of course maintaining even an ounce of real-self, integrity and honesty.

14. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

They ask you, at least the part timers, if you want to be a supervisor. Usually multiple times a year.

15. Monkey Butt

If everyone was a private in the Army, I doubt their would have been a D-Day. Sprechen sie Deutsch?

16. Monkey Butt

He was smart enough to post there as well.
    I thought I would leave this one here for amusement!
    Amused and having fun so far!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Have fun filling out never ending reports for the next 30 years.
    upload_2014-9-15_7-21-48.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Another on road that never drove.....nice.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

We have one who never drove, and recently on a hot/humid day, while out training a new guy, he misdelivered a street. When he got back in, he sat in his air cooled office, and said "What did I get myself into?"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Are the OC's who were hired as drivers off the street, drove for a year and couldn't hack it really any better?