On New Bid And Hate It

Got assigned to a new bid route. Signed bid back in November 2015. Was never asked if I wanted it or if I wanted to turn it down. Six months later (May) they decide to train me on it for three days. Don't like the new bid, would rather stay on my old one. Is it too little , too late to stay on old bid? Am I stuck on this new bid till area selection bids come around again?

swing_drv

I don't think that's right. I think you are suppose to be on the route you bid on by May 1'st. And no routes bid on Nov & Dec.

By The Book

If they've followed the contract language on how bids are assigned then you'll have to stay on it. If they haven't then you may have a case to stay where you are. More than likely you'll need to grieve it, and you will need to file within so many days of finding this out. If they always ask the drivers who win bids if they want it or not and didn't ask you the same you might have some leverage there. Read your contract.

jaker

trolling
Man hearing the way some of you guys have to bid on a route make me glad I am in the West

Here you can bid on any route when it comes up for bid and if you get it the route is yours until you decide to leave it

35years

Gravy route
It depends on your supplement.
You may have a certain amount of time after starting the route to turn it down, so find out ASAP.

DOK

Got assigned to a new bid route. Signed bid back in November 2015. Was never asked if I wanted it or if I wanted to turn it down. Six months later (May) they decide to train me on it for three days. Don't like the new bid, would rather stay on my old one. Is it too little , too late to stay on old bid? Am I stuck on this new bid till area selection bids come around again?
What would you do otherwise? Did somebody bid the route you had been running?

They actually train you on different routes?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We bid on routes when they open. You have 30 days to decide if you want it or not. Quite often, drivers with less seniority end up with the route as a few try it and turn it down.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Man hearing the way some of you guys have to bid on a route make me glad I am in the West

Here you can bid on any route when it comes up for bid and if you get it the route is yours until you decide to leave it

Here the routes are up for bid every 2 years. As long as the senior guys stay put, not a big deal; but 1 senior driver decides to move and then you have the domino effect.

No more bids for me. I can see the finish line.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Here the routes are up for bid every 2 years. As long as the senior guys stay put, not a big deal; but 1 senior driver decides to move and then you have the domino effect.

Same here. We had a driver bid on my route at the time. He hated it. Wanted to go back where he was. Management said once the steward signs the bid at completion. No more changes for 2yrs

The bid I was on got assigned to a part time driver, thus now making him full time. Was told by a member of management he will never see or work my old bid. So far they have had some other part time driver working old bid every day. Like Billy Ray stated, 1 senior guy moves you have a domino effect. Same happened in our place with a few guys. Only thing is out of the 6 drivers that made moves to new bids, only two of us got trained and have to work the new bids. Other four drivers for some reason were allowed to do what they wanted. So far right now they are not working their new bids and I was told they never will, other part time drivers have been trained on them. The four drivers stayed on their old bids. To me that's not right, your going to set a standard for one person then it should be that way for all. My stupid fault for signing new bid to begin with, should have just stayed put, but what gets me; I asked both steward and center manager if I could go back to where I was and told no. Apparently other 4 drivers were allowed to do what they want.

Cementups

Box Monkey
The bid I was on got assigned to a part time driver, thus now making him full time. Was told by a member of management he will never see or work my old bid. So far they have had some other part time driver working old bid every day. Like Billy Ray stated, 1 senior guy moves you have a domino effect. Same happened in our place with a few guys. Only thing is out of the 6 drivers that made moves to new bids, only two of us got trained and have to work the new bids. Other four drivers for some reason were allowed to do what they wanted. So far right now they are not working their new bids and I was told they never will, other part time drivers have been trained on them. The four drivers stayed on their old bids. To me that's not right, your going to set a standard for one person then it should be that way for all. My stupid fault for signing new bid to begin with, should have just stayed put, but what gets me; I asked both steward and center manager if I could go back to where I was and told no. Apparently other 4 drivers were allowed to do what they want.

If these drivers are not running their bid routes then they should be filing grievances. You are supposed to be assigned your bid within 30 days of it being awarded to you. And if you run something other than your bid route more than 8 times in a year than you file a grievance on that as well.

Why do people have no balls anymore?!?!

If these drivers are not running their bid routes then they should be filing grievances. You are supposed to be assigned your bid within 30 days of it being awarded to you. And if you run something other than your bid route more than 8 times in a year than you file a grievance on that as well.

Why do people have no balls anymore?!?!
It's five times here. It's two hours penalty pay.

Cementups

Box Monkey

Happened to me. I was on a route for 7 years that I got after the regular driver passed away. No one wanted it. 45-50 drivers turned it down. Then one day some jerk face decided the grass was greener somewhere else and bumped a driver. That driver then bumped me of my route. Now I run the guy's route who did the original bumping and sees I am off the clock daily by 5:30-6:00 and now tells me next spring he's thinking about taking the route back. I do 20-30 more stops than he did on it (no, I do not run....he talks to much). the guys who cover his route are done daily at 5:30 as well. But he doesn't think the problem is him. :rolleyes:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Happened to me. I was on a route for 7 years that I got after the regular driver passed away. No one wanted it. 45-50 drivers turned it down. Then one day some jerk face decided the grass was greener somewhere else and bumped a driver. That driver then bumped me of my route. Now I run the guy's route who did the original bumping and sees I am off the clock daily by 5:30-6:00 and now tells me next spring he's thinking about taking the route back. I do 20-30 more stops than he did on it (no, I do not run....he talks to much). the guys who cover his route are done daily at 5:30 as well. But he doesn't think the problem is him. :rolleyes:

Hey, @Cementups, ever been over Lamb Gap Road?