On road time

JL 0513

Start time: 8:45. On road 9:00-9:10.

I find it interesting that they just can't set up preload to finish by 8:45. Nope, 99% of the time cars are being loaded until close to 9:00. So instead of trying to start preload 15 minutes early, the center pays 45 drivers $50/hr each to help finish the $12/hr loading job.

CHALLY9TX

Start time: 8:45. On road 9:00-9:10.

I find it interesting that they just can't set up preload to finish by 8:45. Nope, 99% of the time cars are being loaded until close to 9:00. So instead of trying to start preload 15 minutes early, the center pays 45 drivers $50/hr each to help finish the $12/hr loading job.

Or they let preloaders leave before being wrapped up. Now they're paying drivers to wrap up.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The restrictions are usually due to feeders. I know our preload sup has gone all the way to the DM trying to get feeders in earlier, but they say it just isn't possible. I know our preload sat shut down twice this week for 10+ waiting for feeders. We are a small 1 belt center, so it can be tough to wrap on time when that happens.

The daily late air doesn't help either.

Bottom rung

They even have the preload who's wrapped up by 0750 pull my pc out of the line up and away from the building so I can get going. Even let it idle to let the a/c cool it down. The pc gets hot in the building.

mdnj88

8:50 start time and depending on what route im covering and if I can get car out of lineup I'm usually out by 905-908

Whargoul

8:30 start and usually the truck isn't loaded until 9:00. When my trucks loaded right and doesn't have 5 misloads I like to go for bonus. When it's bricked out and loaded like :censored2: I walk every stop. Overtime pays the same as bonus.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

8:30 start and usually the truck isn't loaded until 9:00. When my trucks loaded right and doesn't have 5 misloads I like to go for bonus. When it's bricked out and loaded like :censored2: I walk every stop. Overtime pays the same as bonus.

Your post raises a lot of questions in my mind. First, I am surprised they haven't adjusted your start time. 30 minutes of AM time would not cut it in my center/district. Second, your performance should be the same regardless of the load.

YellowSox

They even have the preload who's wrapped up by 0750 pull my pc out of the line up and away from the building so I can get going. Even let it idle to let the a/c cool it down. The pc gets hot in the building.
Out by 750am??? friend@@k me =[ . I can barely leave by 920 with about 13 air daily.

Rainman

Its all good.
Your post raises a lot of questions in my mind. First, I am surprised they haven't adjusted your start time. 30 minutes of AM time would not cut it in my center/district. Second, your performance should be the same regardless of the load.
Our preload goes down late everyday. We used to start at 8:30, moved back to 8:40, currently 8:55. Sometimes I still don't leave till 9:15 or later. Management will not move it back any later, as they need drivers to help wrap up so that it's air can get delivered on time. We have had the district Ops manager at our building frequently over the last year or so, and nothing has changed yet. I would dare them to start drivers later, as things would be even more of a cluster than they already are.