On site accident

Tired of the Bee S

Last night when I got back to the center I was backing in my PC and I clipped the front of another PC. There were numerous people around and after I got in the building I checked both PC. The one I clipped looked fine and when I walked to the back of mine I noticed a latch from the other PC. I went and reported it to the mechanic and he and I went and put it back on, I then went home.

This morning I was pulled into the office because I did not report the accident to the supervisor. I am TCD and honestly did not know that I needed to report that type of accident. Obviously if I were out on route and hit ANYTHING I would have called in immediately. I spent hours with the steward, supervisor, and a safety manager who just happened to be at our building. I am to go in and load tomorrow instead of drive but they haven't told me if they're going to terminate me or not. They said I may get a call tonight if they make a decision.

I'm looking for some guidance from veterans.

Always,notify a Sup when something happens. Let him make the call,if it should be reported as an accident. Chances are,on something like that. They will let it "slide". They do not want the paper work or have the accident,come out of the centers income.

hopefully a slap on the wrist,for you.

good luck!

oldngray

nowhere special
51514_houston-we-have-a-problem.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
One of the few accidents I got charged with was one where the center manager was directing me into the my tight parking spot one winter night. There was about a 10 inch ice barricade that had fallen off the roof that you had to back over. I slid off it and into the bumper of another truck. center manager said I hit the ice heave too fast-it was my fault. I tell Ya you can't win.

Is the business agent a union rep? I was told earlier the labor manager was talking to the business agent, but until then had never heard of the business agent. I have been in contact with my local union rep.
Your business agent is one of your union reps. You need to call him and talk to him. This message board is monitored by ups. Posting these kind of things here isn't always in your best interests.

brown bomber

brown bomber
If I got back to the building late, I wouldn't even try to park my car,...I would leave it in the aisle
The same thing in the AM, if I thought I would scrape a car next to me I would make MGT. seperate the cars,..I had a manager rip a 24" gash below the upper rail of my package car when he got hung up on the car next to me. I would have gotten fired,..MGT. said just write it up

UPSJedi2112

I blast Rush in my truck.
You might need that mechanic to back up your story if things get hairy for ya. At least you can say you didn't just blow off the whole incident that way. Couldn't hurt.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Last night when I got back to the center I was backing in my PC and I clipped the front of another PC. There were numerous people around and after I got in the building I checked both PC. The one I clipped looked fine and when I walked to the back of mine I noticed a latch from the other PC. I went and reported it to the mechanic and he and I went and put it back on, I then went home.

This morning I was pulled into the office because I did not report the accident to the supervisor. I am TCD and honestly did not know that I needed to report that type of accident. Obviously if I were out on route and hit ANYTHING I would have called in immediately. I spent hours with the steward, supervisor, and a safety manager who just happened to be at our building. I am to go in and load tomorrow instead of drive but they haven't told me if they're going to terminate me or not. They said I may get a call tonight if they make a decision.

I'm looking for some guidance from veterans.
You need to report any kind of accident immediately, on property or off.

What you have going for you is that you did not try and hide it. You reported it to the shop so that it could be fixed. You did not report it to your sup, which you should have, but you also didn't try and hide it.

In the end, you should just get a warning letter for an accident and be on your way. Although, if it was just a clip that got knocked off and the mechanic replaced it without having to do any kind of repair work, you should not even be charged for an accident and no warning letter should be issued.

You will find out how good your BA is very shortly.