(On Topic) Feeder driver loses life on I-80/I-94 near Chicago

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
user29390-1420814544-media1.jpg

The Kenworth clipped the rear of the second trailer, then struck the back of the first trailer and the tractor on the passenger side before stopping against the barrier and tractor, according to ISP.

Last edited by a moderator:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I've investigated crashes with so many different initial harmful events that it really bothers me when people say, "had so and so done this, it might not have happened." People don't leave their house in the morning and plan on getting killed by doing something they've done hundreds of times before. I've seen my partners clipped by other cars when they were parked way off the side of the road, I've seen people die by driving by a random tree and it suddenly crashes on the car and kills them, I've seen people killed who were one block from their house doing absolutely nothing wrong other than being there. The only people who should be assigning liability are the traffic investigators and God himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

clean hairy

Regardless of who stopped where and how it happened, the primary focus here is the loss of a fellow UPSER.
Please let us use this thread to remember he was only 38, had so much in life ahead of him, so many plans and goals for the New Year and beyond, and the loss to his Family (home and work)
Let us hope those close to him have the strength to deal with this tragic and sudden loss.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Regardless of who stopped where and how it happened, the primary focus here is the loss of a fellow UPSER.
Please let us use this thread to remember he was only 38, had so much in life ahead of him, so many plans and goals for the New Year and beyond, and the loss to his Family (home and work)
Let us hope those close to him have the strength to deal with this tragic and sudden loss.
I agree and thank you for your post.
Respect for others, especially one of ours, should be paramount.
There is nothing wrong with starting another thread to discuss safety if desired.

clean hairy

I agree and thank you for your post.
Respect for others, especially one of ours, should be paramount.
There is nothing wrong with starting another thread to discuss safety if desired.
Agreed!
This will not be the last one of these unfortunate accidents this year, in the future, I would respectfully suggest we have a thread for condolences and Prayers for those who knew the person, also to share what folks who may have known the individual to share memories.
As well, if a person who knew the employee knows the family at all, the thread of condolences and memories might be printed out or shown to the Family as a means for them to see their loss was felt by many other UPSERS.
Just a small way we can show that we care so much for our own.
A second thread to discuss and or debate the details of the accident would be more appropriate.

dillweed

Marv was my friend. I had the pleasure of watching him grow from an ornery kid loading pkg cars to a strong and professional feeder driver. He married and had two beautiful kids who he could not mention without breaking into a huge grin. I never saw him angry. Everyone lost a lot last Friday AM.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Marv was my friend. I had the pleasure of watching him grow from an ornery kid loading pkg cars to a strong and professional feeder driver. He married and had two beautiful kids who he could not mention without breaking into a huge grin. I never saw him angry. Everyone lost a lot last Friday AM.

My heart breaks for him.

The story was vague. Was he out of the Elkhart building or taking loads to there?

If a trust is set up for his family let us know.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

I hugged my 28 year old son and grandchildren hard last night. this incident has really hit me hard.

dillweed

Marv was out of the Elk building. Far as my understanding feeder drivers take Elk reload out and return with preload volume. Our feeder drivers are local.
I'll check on a trust fund and bless your hearts as you always offer support.

I hugged my 28 year old son and grandchildren hard last night. this incident has really hit me hard.
It hit me hard too olroadbeech. They all hurt but this sucked bad. I was so proud of him.