"On Topic" How would you want it handled? The same way?

rod

Retired 22 years
I have a relative who on Monday drove 200 miles to pick up some "special" little yapping dog. Had it home for two hours before one of the kids opened the front door and it got out. It ran right into the street and smuck---end of that "special" dog.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I hit a guinea hen on the way to my second stop today. The guy who owns the property the bird ran from didn't seem to care. In fact, he hoped I would hit more of them. Apparently, some local old lady lets her birds run free all over town.

So, I kept on truckin'...

To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we will not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

I read the News Headlines about a dog getting run over by a UPS truck and how it was handled.

The story about how the incident was handled troubled me. I thought this topic should be open for discussion in the UPS discussion forum.

How would you want the situation handled if your dog was run over by a UPS truck?

Sincerely,
I
Well, if it's not on a leash and runs out without a driver having any chance to avoid it, run the dog over and save yourself the headache of causing a major accident by trying to veer off and possible causing more damage.

jaker

trolling
Without knowing how ups handle it from your post , I think they did what they had to do

And I don't see why you care since you don't have a clue what's it's like to drive

DOK

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we will not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

I read the News Headlines about a dog getting run over by a UPS truck and how it was handled.

The story about how the incident was handled troubled me. I thought this topic should be open for discussion in the UPS discussion forum.

How would you want the situation handled if your dog was run over by a UPS truck?

Sincerely,
I

If you're asking what would I want ups to do if one of their drivers ran over my dog and killed it, nothing, :censored2: happens.

Foamer Pyle

Personally if it was my dog and didn't work for UPS, I would sue. While accidents happen, a dog is sometimes considered a member of the family so that's a big deal.
A dog may be considered a family member by you, but in the eyes of the court, a dog is just a pet. Yes, I own a dog, and I know that as long as they are on a good leash, they won't run into the street and get hit by a car. I would have no one to blame but myself, if my dog was run over by any vehicle.

Sincerely,
I
What happened? Do you have a link?

I am a friend to all animals a dog advocate. I've also hit a dog while working. I cried. The dogs ran out in front of my truck on a 45 mile an hour road. One made it the other didn't. It wasn't my fault. I was goingike 38 miles an hour on telematics.

Looking at this situation and knowing that I didn't see it I side with the driver. The only thing they could have done different is walk the driveway or have someone sit at the home until the owner came home. Animals should always be contained and when you let them run lose you put your animal in a situation where it could be harmed. I watch my animals like I watch my kids. Like a hawk and all the time. That guy should take better precautions for his loved ones.

Looking at his Christmas lights being up in July I think that he obviously doesn't budget his time wisely and it's probably the same way with his animals. Just because the guy is possibly ignorant about Christmas lights and his animals doesn't mean he's a bad guy. He's just a little ignorant.

DOK

After reading the story I feel the driver did the all he could do. Sounds like his sup came to the seen and helped write the note, move the dog etc. It's sad that someone's pet is now dead, but it's also sad that this driver has to go through this.
When people order stuff online, they are inviting us to their homes, with the tracking ability they know when their stuff is going to get delivered. It says the homeowner came home for lunch to find his dog dead, bet he tracked the package and saw it was delivered and was going to get, who knows. But if he's inviting the driver to his house, put your dogs away.

box_beeyotch

A dog may be considered a family member by you, but in the eyes of the court, a dog is just a pet. Yes, I own a dog, and I know that as long as they are on a good leash, they won't run into the street and get hit by a car. I would have no one to blame but myself, if my dog was run over by any vehicle.

While this is true, it's not what you know it's what you can prove for one. For two, there are good attorneys so don't be mislead and believe that anything cant happen in a court of law. Regardless though, I understand your point. I have two dogs and I would never be that irresponsible with them. They are family to me and if I had kids I wouldn't let them run free in the street. Same applies in this situation.