"On Topic" How would you want it handled? The same way?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I work in this area. The driveways can be half a mile long so this poor guy is probably going to have to have his packages picked up at the center because we now have a policy of no leash, no delivery. It's a no win situation really, but if you know a package is coming, house your dogs. If you're not home, house your dogs. Dogs barking is the biggest deterant for theft, not dogs attacking. In my mind, I am sad for the owner, but he brought this on himself by being an irresponsible owner. It's no mistake both of his dogs were out wandering.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
UPS has set a precedent that by acknowledging culpability to that first person that lost a dog to a UPS driver when the owner was an irresponsible owner and it is an ongoing issue.
We had a on car sup that refused to allow one of her drivers to be charged with an accident after hitting a dog. She reminded the owner there were leash laws for a reason. She Told the owner that IF her driver had been injured while trying to avoid a dog loose in the roadway they were liable. She then had the owner sign a paper stating that they released UPS and the driver from responsibility.
It was a hard line to take knowing the circumstances but it should been the stance UPS should have had from the beginning.