On Topic - Looking for manager's name to apply to another job

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Throwaway_Name, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Throwaway_Name

Throwaway_Name New Member

Hello, I was a seasonal driver helper last season, and I'm currently trying to apply for another job, but I've hit a bit of a snag with my work history. The driver helper job was my first job ever, and while I was offered to continue after it was supposed to end, I decided to quit anyway and look elsewhere since I didn't like the really inconsistent hours, and I would go on to package handling but it seems the only shift available is 3 AM to 9 AM which I don't think I can do while going to college at the same time.

The problem is, I'm not entirely sure what my manager's name even was, or how to obtain that information. I tried calling the first number I saw when I googled UPS + My city, was referred to the customer service number, and then I couldn't make any progress there. If somebody could tell me where I should go to figure this out, I would be very grateful for your help.
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Why not just drive to the center that you worked out of? Someone there should be able to answer all of your questions.
  3. Do you have the drivers phone number that you wasa helper for?
  4. Retiree

Retiree Active Member

Use the name of your driver you were assigned to. Any company calling UPS for your employment history will only be given dates you worked and position you held. They will never speak to your manager.
  5. Retiree

Retiree Active Member

If they do talk with your manager he will probably refer them to HR.
  6. Throwaway_Name

It should be in my phone's history.

Ah, that makes sense. I remember his first name, but not his last, so I'll give him a call tomorrow. I imagine I would also give his number specifically?
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

No. Ask him for the number to the center.
  8. Throwaway_Name

I think I might still have that saved on my phone, but I'll ask just in case.

Thanks for the help.
  9. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

UPS refers all employment verification inquiries to "The Work Number". They will verify your employment.
  10. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Just FYI, you could have. I did when I went to college. I just never scheduled my first classes until 10am.