Once again need help from the UPSers here (2nd day air)

Pkay

Need a package here by 8am Friday. Had it shipped on Tuesday (2nd day air) supposed to be here tomorrow (Thursday). I realize its not past it's delivery time and some scans can be missed but I'm overly concerned when I don't see my lovely scans.

This is my first time using 2nd day air and the scans are different than next day air. Usually when we ship from san diego next day air it hits kentucky then kentucky to austin and then to here.

For some reason this package went to LA last night and hasnt moved yet. I know I likely have nothing to worry about and will probably wake up with an out for delivery scan.

Just wanting to understand how much differently the process is for next day air and second day air? Is 2nd day air 100% air or does it travel state to state via ground at any point?

Thanks for any help you can offer. I appreciate what you guys do and the fact you take the time to help out some of us impatient folk when we post here :p

TN: 1Z83X8250250113919

brownIEman

Pkay,
I would not worry yet. It is likely in LA. It got to LA in one day, it is with the air volume. Most likely it will go through Louisville tonight and be delivered in Texas tomorrow as scheduled. Being as it is second day, it moves with the air, but there is more flexibility. So, if capacity issues or time to airport issues did not allow it to fly out with the daily flight from LA yesterday, it was likely held there. Tomorrow, it will get on the same plane a next day air would ride from LA through louisville and into texas.

Pkay

just saw my ups man and no package.

any idea why it would just sit in LA? none of my air packages have ever gone through LA to my knowledge :/ so worried now

brownIEman

just saw my ups man and no package.

any idea why it would just sit in LA? none of my air packages have ever gone through LA to my knowledge :/ so worried now

It would not be unusual for a 2nd day air to go a slightly different route than your next day air has ever gone.

Stop worrying, it is too early for that.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Your delivery has been rescheduled for tomorrow with no reason given. You may be entitled to a refund unless the delay was weather related.

There are no guarantees in December !!

UPS does the best it can do with its infrastructure. If you read the fine print, you are not liable for a refund during the month of December because of high volume. Any other month, that shipping fee would be refunded.

over9five

Staff member
But doesn't he get the difference between 2DA and 3DS refunded? I mean, he paid for service that we didn't provide....

I know I'd be looking for something!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are no guarantees in December !!

UPS does the best it can do with its infrastructure. If you read the fine print, you are not liable for a refund during the month of December because of high volume. Any other month, that shipping fee was paid for.

This only comes in to play when you get closer to Christmas but is still in effect now.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
This only comes in to play when you get closer to Christmas but is still in effect now.

It has always said the month of December.

Its been like that for my 15 years. Its in the fine print when you ship out a package. UPS does everything it can to make it get there on time, but they will not cut their own throats because of high volume and weather issues during THIS month.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It has always said the month of December.

Its been like that for my 15 years. Its in the fine print when you ship out a package. UPS does everything it can to make it get there on time, but they will not cut their own throats because of high volume and weather issues during THIS month.

Guarantees are not suspended until around the 15th.

worldwide

Peak-season guarantees: Commitment times for air and international shipments delivered within the United States and Puerto Rico will be extended by 90 minutes on the following days: Nov. 27, Dec. 18–24 and Dec. 31. International air shipments picked up or delivered in the United States are guaranteed throughout the holiday season. The guarantee for all U.S. air services and UPS 3 Day Select® is suspended for shipments picked up on Dec. 21, 22 and 23. The guarantee also is suspended for UPS Ground and UPS Standard packages picked up or scheduled for delivery between Dec. 11 and Dec. 24. For further details, visit
ups.com for UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Regardless

I knew there was a no-refund policy in the fine print in December. What I (or anyone) posts on here is not gospel. Go in to work now and sort your truck off the clock.

Pkay

Got my package today. Day late but in time for its purpose. Oddly enough the guy wasn't in a big brown truck he was in a Penske rental truck. Talked to him and they said already getting slammed in our area.

Thanks for the insight guys and once again appreciate all you do!