One dead as FBI arrests Oregon occupation leader, four others

newfie

I sympathize with the ranchers on the federal land grab issue I want to get behind their cause but not as part of an armed takeover.

oldngray

nowhere special
I sympathize with the ranchers on the federal land grab issue I want to get behind their cause but not as part of an armed takeover.

They would have been far better off doing an unarmed occupation. That would make it more difficult for the media to attack them. The government might have moved right in and forced them out if they used that tactic though. It isn't a movement the government agrees with so they wouldn't hesitate to use strongarm tactics. Unlike some of the other "Occupations" the government tried to quietly support.

newfie

They would have been far better off doing an unarmed occupation. That would make it more difficult for the media to attack them. The government might have moved right in and forced them out if they used that tactic though. It isn't a movement the government agrees with so they wouldn't hesitate to use strongarm tactics. Unlike some of the other "Occupations" the government tried to quietly support.

yea the fact they are white makes them an easy protest group to push around. If they were black or arab the government would be bringing them food and blankets

newfie

Looked like he started to turn and go for his waistband. Possible "suicide by cop" considering previous statements.

I don't disagree with that point, if you make sudden moves or aggressive moves when a cop has his gun drawn on you then you do risk being shot.

I do disagree with the double standard, no black activist group will protest this shooting in fact many will cheer because the victims was white.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't disagree with that point, if you make sudden moves or aggressive moves when a cop has his gun drawn on you then you do risk being shot.

I do disagree with the double standard, no black activist group will protest this shooting in fact many will cheer because the victims was white.
If a black motorist came speeding at a roadblock, he wouldn't make it into the snowbank and out of the vehicle alive.

newfie

If a black motorist came speeding at a roadblock, he wouldn't make it into the snowbank and out of the vehicle alive.

and when he was shot and killed Al Sharpton would be there within the hour, Obama would make some comment on how the motorist might have looked like his imaginary son, the AG would be opening up a civil rights investigation and the poor schumck that pulled the trigger would be served up like a sacrificial lamb.
Its so much easier shooting the white guy. No fuss no muss.

bbsam

Staff member
and when he was shot and killed Al Sharpton would be there within the hour, Obama would make some comment on how the motorist might have looked like his imaginary son, the AG would be opening up a civil rights investigation and the poor schumck that pulled the trigger would be served up like a sacrificial lamb.
Its so much easier shooting the white guy. No fuss no muss.
And this man doesn't his defenders?