One delivery attempt

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
4 issues with it

1) The UPS store especially during the holidays doesn't even have enough room to hold the outbound packages. Between those packages and the "new" hold for pickup packages, there will be little room.

2) This is a blatant push to get PAID SEND AGAINS off the cars. If every sendagain was brought to a UPS store, they wouldnt be able to contain.

3) What if people in apartments want to pick up their package. Now are they forced to drive all the way to the center or can they piggyback theirs with the siqnature required ones going to UPS store

4) With little to no send agains on trucks, that will mean less stops to dispatch, WHICH MEANS more routes are going to be cut !!!!

klein

Für Meno :)
Hefferman, you forgot Granny or Grandpa at the retirement homes, and many other people that don't drive.
If this is true, I'm really going to find an alternative way of getting my stuff shipped to me.

What's next ? Give up resi's totally, and just call them that a package is waiting at the UPS Store or center ?

menotyou

bella amicizia
It is just plain stupid. UPS should be advertising their attributes. They should have peoplein browns smiling and carrying their precious packages with tender loving care. Volvo got me to buy a car because, in part, of their warranty. They didn't lower the price, unfortunately for me. But, I bought anyway. When you buy ice cream, do you get the cheapest, no matter what? I highly doubt it. There are still people who appreciate service. If UPS decided to use the attributes they have instead of spitting on them, we will go down the drain.

tfinnegan

happy exupser
From the shippers point of view, Shipper pays Residential Signature required rate, but package is not delivered on first attempt at said residence, and then package is forwarded to nearest UPS store..Shipper should get a refund as now it becomes a business delivery?

klein

Oh well, atleast we still have many others to chose from (DHL, Canpar, Purolater & Fedex).

What UPS doesn't realize, once they start losing major contracts - it can take years and years to get those back !
Because, people will start complaining, and the shippers will listen and react properly.

S

speeddemon

I live 30 miles from a UPS store. I doubt anyone here would want to be on the other end of the phone, I.e. The center manager or DM, if I have to drive that after ONE delivery attempt. Someone will be driving back out for another attempt.

You ordered it. You tracked it. You know what day it will be attempted. Make sure someone is home to sign for it. If your not going to be home, you can have the package futured for a day when you will be home to sign for it. While we are on topic, here is a solution for people just like you. How about this price structure? A shipping pricing tier that increases the price by the number of attempts we have to make in order to get the package delivered. That way we'll come as many times as you like, but you will pay for it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I do pay for it, already. UPS offers three attempts. As I said, someone's ear will be burning when I am done. Who says I tracked it? How the hell do I know when the are shipping? Is part of the price I am paying for YOU to shipmmy order include me having to sit by my computer waiting with bated breath endlessly checking my email and/or continuously tracking the package? No wonder Fed-Up is gaining on us with that sort of mind set.

klein

Tracking are you kidding ?
It might say deivery by end of day. And everytime they come here, they come at a differnt time.
I had packages just arriving during lunchtime, and lately my latest one arrived almost at 8pm.

Then if your really lucky, you sat at home all day long, just to find out at 9pm, by tracking search, that the package was missed, or some other reason it didn't arrive (if it even gets scanned again) .

evilleace

Unless there are plans to open up many more UPS stores around here there are going to be 50 drivers dropping off all their send agains at 2 UPS stores, that is definetly not ging to save miles as most don't even drive near these on the way back in. Also what if the UPS store is closed do you take it the next day or does it go on another drivers truck that is going to the UPS store. Sounds like a bad idea all the way around. Does this include business send agains also?

ibleedbrown

they can bring them back to building and fill up a bulk truck or 2 in the morning and an air driver can deliver all the buildings send agains to the ups store at once.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Souds like UPS is trying to discourage shippers from using the signature required option. How many times have we been to a nice suburban house with plenty of places to safely hide the pkg and the damn thing is signature required?

menotyou

bella amicizia
air drivers cannot deliver ground would have to be del by ft driver
Or, a sup after everyone leaves. The UPS store in Evans Mills, next to Fort Drum, is lucky to have storage for the stuff they gather all day for our nightly p-up. They have no room for this kind of crap.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Better yet, just park the trailer there - insure the UPS Store has storage room ! :)
Good idea, but, the UPS stores I have seen are usually in strip malls. I doubt the owners of those will like UPS parking a free storage facility. Not to mention, most don't have the room for one.

brownman15

Or, a sup after everyone leaves. The UPS store in Evans Mills, next to Fort Drum, is lucky to have storage for the stuff they gather all day for our nightly p-up. They have no room for this kind of crap.

let a sup del it i don't mind getting paid double time for sups working

S

speeddemon

I do pay for it, already. UPS offers three attempts. As I said, someone's ear will be burning when I am done. Who says I tracked it? How the hell do I know when the are shipping? Is part of the price I am paying for YOU to shipmmy order include me having to sit by my computer waiting with bated breath endlessly checking my email and/or continuously tracking the package? No wonder Fed-Up is gaining on us with that sort of mind set.[/QUOTE

You portray yourself as a very immature lady. With all due respect maam. judging from just this post and your ignorant rant, I wish you would use FEDEX.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Considering your friend who 'liked' you actually agrees with, I think I'm headed down the right path. I wonder how Atlanta is going to like you suggesting Fed-ex to anyone in this economy.